• All Activity

Egg tarts

10 posts in this topic

Cheapest price is at least $3 each now, so how much do you think is affordable? 

Nice one usually at least $6, Tai Cheong bakery (many branches) and Honolulu Cafe (wan chai) are famous, Kam Wah Cafe in Prince Edward also good (must also try Polo Bao if go to Kam Wah!) 

Actually many normal bread shops also sell nice egg tarts at more affordable price, try any one you pass by you may have surprise! :)

Oh thanks for the recommendation!

HKD 6 is ok I guess. I saw some reviews on Kam Wah, seems like it's always crowded?

Yep, Kam Wah is always full of people!! Not only you have to share table with people but also squeeze squeeze squeeze! But I personal think its worth. :P

Tai Cheong is always the popular one especially their main branch in Central. It started to be well known after our former Governor Chris Pattern tried their egg tart and praised it. Now it has been managed by one of the local restaurant chains Tao Heung and I feel the taste has been different now... anyway you can still try it as it's not bad at all, for me, it's just too "mass production" feel...

Maxim's Bakery, Saint Honour Bakery and many local small bakeries do sell egg tarts, they are all nice so you can try here and there to compare.

Yep, Kam Wah is always full of people!! Not only you have to share table with people but also squeeze squeeze squeeze! But I personal think its worth. :P

Yea, part of HK's culture to share table with people to make sure no space is wasted! Already knew about this during last trip to HK.

I saw a long queue in some of the pictures and on google maps too, I just hope the queue moves very fast.. I've got an impatient toddler with me

What about bird nest eggtart? Where can I find it? At a reasonable price too. Thanks.

Bird nest egg tart usually available in hotel's buffet or some high class Chinese restaurant during special promotion only, normal cake shop doesn't sell it...

1 person likes this

Yea, part of HK's culture to share table with people to make sure no space is wasted! Already knew about this during last trip to HK.

I saw a long queue in some of the pictures and on google maps too, I just hope the queue moves very fast.. I've got an impatient toddler with me

go during abnormal hours eg. 11am or 3-4pm on weekdays, maybe fewer people.. 

Where is tai cheong located at? is there any nice egg tart near TST or prince edward MTR? as i want to take back hometown.