• All Activity

Price for baby item in HK

5 posts in this topic

Anyone can roughly let me know how much diapers cost in HK? Say Huggies, Mamy Poko etc. Quantity and price. I am thinking if it's about more and less the same in Msia, I would buy it in HK.

How bout Fresh Milk price in HK? Do they have fresh milk selling in 7/11? What is the common brand in HK and price for a liter?

Anyone can roughly let me know how much diapers cost in HK? Say Huggies, Mamy Poko etc. Quantity and price. I am thinking if it's about more and less the same in Msia, I would buy it in HK.

How bout Fresh Milk price in HK? Do they have fresh milk selling in 7/11? What is the common brand in HK and price for a liter?

Hm... diapers price ranges from HK$7x (huggies) to over HK$100 (Merries? or sth like that, Japanese brand) per pack, but forgot about the quantity, maybe like 30-60?? Not so sure... because I just bought it as gift for friends who have new born babies...

Fresh milk's average price is HK$20 per 1L (or 945ml), and yes it's available in all convenient stores (7-11 and Circle K) and in all supermarkets (Park'nShop group and Wellcome group). Common brands are DairyFarm, Kowloon Dairy and Trappist Dairy. I personally prefer Trappist Dairy and dislike DairyFarm if for fresh milk. If you don't mind UHT milk, you will have more choices and I most like Emmi from Swiss, price about HK$25/1L, available in Wellcome group supermarkets.

Actually you may try to check and compare the price by searching particular products in both supermarket websites:

http://www.parknshop.com/

http://www.wellcome.com.hk/wd2shop/en/html/index.html

1 person likes this

Quite expensive also.. I guess I am gonna bring my own diapers. Lol.

For fresh milk also not cheap. Here in Malaysia can get about HKD12 for a local brand..

For HKD20 we can get imported Farmhouse brand or Emmi

Yep, living standard is getting higher and higher nowadays... Especially for babies stuff, it's generally quite high so it's not easy to raise a kid in HK. For other grocery items, at least there are more brands and more shops to compare and choose. FYI, milk sold in 759 stores are more reasonably priced, like HK$12-16 to get a quality 1L UHT milk from France or UK's Jersey Island. I would prefer imported milk as you may know HK's definitely not a good place for dairy farming. 

1 person likes this

Malaysia is definitely cheaper than HK and not only just for baby stuff...

HK pricing is almost same as Singapore I think, and Malaysia already cheaper than Singapore so....