• All Activity

Places for wedding shoot
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to have my wedding shoot taken in Hong Kong. However, besides those tourist attraction such as the peak, symphony of lights, avenue of stars, tram etc., is there any nice places for photo taking where tourist wouldn't know?

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

I wanted a few themes in mind:

1) Lifestyle - perhaps to be taken in some streets? (any old streets to recommend?)

2) beach shot - any beach to recommend?

3) fairy tale - thot Disneyland would be good

4) is there any colonial building in hong kong?

5) wanted some vegas feel, so wanted to go Macau as well.

Please suggest some nice places if you have some in mind.

Really appreciate it alot.  :D

Thanks for the suggestion.  :)

1) Lifestyle - perhaps to be taken in some streets? (any old streets to recommend?)

Really appreciate it alot.  :D

Hi Rejinaa, will you travel with your own photographer? If not then you may consider contact a HK based photographer Brian Jala (hkgraphy@justsmileaboutit.com) who is an expert in taking gorgeous photos with rich local characteristics. 

Some popular areas that I can think of:

• Hullett House at 1881 Herritage
  • Legislative Council at Central
  • Pottinger Street at Central
  • Park Island with Tsing Ma Bridge
  • Stanley Beach (that's where Murray House located as mentioned by hongkongyan)
  • Cultural Centre at Tsim Sha Tsui

Will add some more if can think of any later. Google them to look for their location.

Will add some more if can think of any later. Google them to look for their location.
Those are good places, but Legislative Council in Central seems still under refurbishment outside?

Thanks for the suggestion.   :)

Really appreciate it alot.   :D

1) Pottinger Street suggested by nettie is good but may always be full of people.May be small street near Hollywood Road e.g. Ladder Street would be better. Or Duddell Street in Central is also very good place (there are 4 old gas lamps there) On Duddell Street there is a Starbucks with old HK style theme, I saw people take pre-wedding photos there too. Also the Hong Kong Museum of Medical Sciences are very old colonial building too.

2)Repulse Bay is very nice.

3) I think Disneyland is the only place can give fairy tale feel!

4) Originally Legislative Council is the best place for colonial feel but it's still in renovation... As I tell above Museum of Medical Sciences are good alternative because its quiet and peaceful there. Otherwise 1881 Heritage is popular photo shooting spot in HK too.

5)I don't think Macau can compare to vegas... can't give the very grand very luxury feel from there, and there are always tons of people inside venetian!

Thanks very much for the great idea nettie!! Really appreciate it! Can you guys suggest if Shek O is better or repulse bay?:)

Is there any contact like driver to go around hkg for a few days??

Thanks very much hongkong yan!! 

I like hollywood street! Is it at Central area?

Right now I am looking at renting a van with driver for 2days.

Thanks very much hongkong yan!! 

I like hollywood street! Is it at Central area?

Right now I am looking at renting a van with driver for 2days.

no worries  :)

yes it is at Central. you're looking to rent a van for what purpose? perhaps, I could suggest.

Thanks Hongkong Yan! I am renting van to travel around hong kong for photoshoot.  :)

As I have gowns, shoes and equipment from photographer, I would prefer prefer a van or 7 seaters. 

Hope you could let me know the market rate? Cuz I just checked with one and it is very pricy at 1500 HKD including driver.

Thanks very much! :D

no worries  :)

yes it is at Central. you're looking to rent a van for what purpose? perhaps, I could suggest.

Hongkong Yan, 

Do you think Shek O is nicer or repulse bay? :)

Those are good places, but Legislative Council in Central seems still under refurbishment outside?

1) Pottinger Street suggested by nettie is good but may always be full of people.May be small street near Hollywood Road e.g. Ladder Street would be better. Or Duddell Street in Central is also very good place (there are 4 old gas lamps there) On Duddell Street there is a Starbucks with old HK style theme, I saw people take pre-wedding photos there too. Also the Hong Kong Museum of Medical Sciences are very old colonial building too.

2)Repulse Bay is very nice.

3) I think Disneyland is the only place can give fairy tale feel!

4) Originally Legislative Council is the best place for colonial feel but it's still in renovation... As I tell above Museum of Medical Sciences are good alternative because its quiet and peaceful there. Otherwise 1881 Heritage is popular photo shooting spot in HK too.

5)I don't think Macau can compare to vegas... can't give the very grand very luxury feel from there, and there are always tons of people inside venetian!

Thanks Hongkong Yan! I am renting van to travel around hong kong for photoshoot.  :)

As I have gowns, shoes and equipment from photographer, I would prefer prefer a van or 7 seaters. 

Hope you could let me know the market rate? Cuz I just checked with one and it is very pricy at 1500 HKD including driver.

Thanks very much! :D

You're welcome rejinaa!! A single trip to from airport and city costs at least $300 already therefore I think $1500 for whole day is still reasonable. You know parking in HK is terribly expensive (especially in the city) and difficult to find parking space too. I found a rent car + driver company their price is about $350 per hour and you must rent at least 3 or 4 hours up... It might be cheaper for taking a taxi!  

Hongkong Yan, 

Do you think Shek O is nicer or repulse bay? :)

Repulse bay is more modern and urban feel (many luxury residential buildings at the back), Shek O is more natural and village feel, see what feel you like...

Just to check if I am able to take pics at the Jockey club?

Not sure on non-race day... Just know it will be very crowded on race day! You want to take pics with the horses?

You're welcome rejinaa!! A single trip to from airport and city costs at least $300 already therefore I think $1500 for whole day is still reasonable. You know parking in HK is terribly expensive (especially in the city) and difficult to find parking space too. I found a rent car + driver company their price is about $350 per hour and you must rent at least 3 or 4 hours up... It might be cheaper for taking a taxi!  

Repulse bay is more modern and urban feel (many luxury residential buildings at the back), Shek O is more natural and village feel, see what feel you like...

Not sure on non-race day... Just know it will be very crowded on race day! You want to take pics with the horses?

Sorry for the real late reply! Yes, I would like to take pic with horses! Any idea? :)

Sorry for the real late reply! Yes, I would like to take pic with horses! Any idea? :)

I am afraid you can't take wedding pic with the horses... as I know the horses only show up during races and certain days for morning trackwork, but will definitely not allowed for sections of wedding pic...