• All Activity

Hong Kong restaurants

6 posts in this topic

My friend and I will be in Hong Kong for a few nights next month and we are looking for good restaurants other than in the top rated hotels. We used to be in and out of the city few years back and the food there was great--we just don't know where to go now. Ideas? thanks

My friend and I will be in Hong Kong for a few nights next month and we are looking for good restaurants other than in the top rated hotels. We used to be in and out of the city few years back and the food there was great--we just don't know where to go now. Ideas? thanks

Hi there, what kind of cuisine are you interested in? Any location do you preferred?

Well, there're pretty lots of choice if you say Chinese cuisine! The must-eat list should be:

- Yung Kee Roasted Goose in Wellington Street, Central

- Lin Heung Tea House (traditional dim sum place) also in Wellington Street, Central (towards Sheung Wan)

- Tsim Chai Kee Noodle (Michelin starred Wanton Noodle) also in Wellington Street, Central

- Spring Deer Restaurant (authentic Peking cuisine) on Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

- Xin Dau Ji (famous suckling pig) in Cheung Lok Street, Jordan

- Tsui Wah Restaurant (classic HK style tea restaurant), many branches in HK

For Yung Kee, I was advised to make reservation especially for the roast goose.

Their website provided an email for reservation and a phone number.

It said to use phone call for reservation of more than 6 people but I don't know cantonese (and long distance calls not cheap).

So I used the email for reservation instead.

Anyone tried using their email for reservation and got a confirmation?

For Yung Kee, I was advised to make reservation especially for the roast goose.

Their website provided an email for reservation and a phone number.

It said to use phone call for reservation of more than 6 people but I don't know cantonese (and long distance calls not cheap).

So I used the email for reservation instead.

Anyone tried using their email for reservation and got a confirmation?

Not sure if their reservation email works... but as far as I know it's not necessary to reserve their roast goose unless you only arrive there at very late dinner time. Reserving a table is instead more important especially on weekends or during peak hours... Or if you speak Mandarin, you may call and talk to them in Mandarin as there are increasing number of China tourists in HK nowadays.