• All Activity

HK Xmas & NEw Year Trip =) 24/12-1/1
1 1

34 posts in this topic

Ohh ~~ okok great~ i saw another deco at "The One"~ guess have to spend around half day at TST to view all xmas deco? =) Victoria Harbour is Avenue of star? 

Thanks ya~

Victoria Harbour is the harbour and Avenue of Stars is a harbourfront promenade along Victoria Harbour. Better arrange TST to late afternoon-evening so you can see the light deco on buildings along both sides of Victoria Harbour.

Victoria Harbour is the harbour and Avenue of Stars is a harbourfront promenade along Victoria Harbour. Better arrange TST to late afternoon-evening so you can see the light deco on buildings along both sides of Victoria Harbour.

Ohh okok~~ guess will give up cheung chau... as i think during xmas maybe nothing much to do there... Will be doing shopping and TST viewing maybe start from 3pm haha.... So i can have the view from noon-evening-night. Already watch symphony of lights during my previous trip so i guess will skip that this time =) Should i go to Horizon plaza for furniture/home fittings? I saw many comment that there is a big mall with mainly furniture or accessories for home.. 

Btw, on 24th i will be checking into Disney hotel.. So i check the MTR, from Airport there is 2 types of train? 1 is express 1 is non express.. which to take? Because it is HKD$60 vs HKD$14, written 33mins, is 33mins for express? means normal train will take longer time to reach? 

Ohh okok~~ guess will give up cheung chau... as i think during xmas maybe nothing much to do there... Will be doing shopping and TST viewing maybe start from 3pm haha.... So i can have the view from noon-evening-night. Already watch symphony of lights during my previous trip so i guess will skip that this time =) Should i go to Horizon plaza for furniture/home fittings? I saw many comment that there is a big mall with mainly furniture or accessories for home.. 

Btw, on 24th i will be checking into Disney hotel.. So i check the MTR, from Airport there is 2 types of train? 1 is express 1 is non express.. which to take? Because it is HKD$60 vs HKD$14, written 33mins, is 33mins for express? means normal train will take longer time to reach? 

Hm.. Cheung Chau is also nice to visit provided you like those fish village culture... otherwise just stay in the city for shopping spree if it's more preferable. I just got a comment from a member named Futobuta, told us that Harbour City has too many shops to see that he didn't manage to finish all! So spare more time for it if you like shopping! And he also mentioned about the Symphony of Lights show was not interesting so just skip it la... waste time! 

As for Horizon Plaza, it's very subjective indeed. There are lots of premium furniture shops inside but most of them selling big furniture rather than small accessories. Not sure if you're looking for those big pieces or just the little decorations?

I think you're talking about the Airport Express? If so, it will NOT stop at Sunny Bay, means you have to take it and get off at Tsing Yi Station, change to Tung Chung Line and get off at Sunny Bay then change to Disneyland Resort Line. Other way is, take bus no. S1 or S64 (fare HKD3.50/3.60) or taxi (if you have the budget, fare around HKD50) and get off at Tung Chung MTR Station, then take MTR to Sunny Bay and change to Disneyland Resort Line there. 

Hm.. Cheung Chau is also nice to visit provided you like those fish village culture... otherwise just stay in the city for shopping spree if it's more preferable. I just got a comment from a member named Futobuta, told us that Harbour City has too many shops to see that he didn't manage to finish all! So spare more time for it if you like shopping! And he also mentioned about the Symphony of Lights show was not interesting so just skip it la... waste time! 

As for Horizon Plaza, it's very subjective indeed. There are lots of premium furniture shops inside but most of them selling big furniture rather than small accessories. Not sure if you're looking for those big pieces or just the little decorations?

I think you're talking about the Airport Express? If so, it will NOT stop at Sunny Bay, means you have to take it and get off at Tsing Yi Station, change to Tung Chung Line and get off at Sunny Bay then change to Disneyland Resort Line. Other way is, take bus no. S1 or S64 (fare HKD3.50/3.60) or taxi (if you have the budget, fare around HKD50) and get off at Tung Chung MTR Station, then take MTR to Sunny Bay and change to Disneyland Resort Line there. 

Hmm~~ Yea lo too many to see >.<~ worry i couldn't finish all xmas decorations hahahaa.. guess will go to cheung chau next time.. as star cruise taken 1 day.. Been to Symphony of Lights during my previous trip~ guess it will be the same all the time? Im planning to take those short cruise at TST pier that includes dinner around 7pm-10pm( i remember i saw some during my last trip) So on the cruise can view SoL so i guess it will be good? =D

Ohh only big furniture in Horizon Plaza? Im looking for little ones, not really sure what because my condo is still under renovation, so plan to have a look since they say it is a 28th storey plaza guess it must be very big, just that im not sure is it worth going over since it is not near and have to take bus/taxi after arrive MTR station....

Yes~ airport express.. yup notice that have to change a few times... So i guess it will be better if take bus or taxi ( a bit costly>.<), will see what time i land hopefully no delay, because my friends just went over during Halloween, cathay pacific delay 1 hour from Malaysia not sure why... Im going to check in to Disneyland resort, so i guess after i arrive TungChung then i take the MTR to Disneyland Resort line... from there it is walkable to resort? Been to Disneyland during my last trip also but couldn't really remember i see any resort sign...

Cant wait for my trip!!! 1 more month today! Cant believe that it is 24/11 today =D 

Hmm~~ Yea lo too many to see >.<~ worry i couldn't finish all xmas decorations hahahaa.. guess will go to cheung chau next time.. as star cruise taken 1 day.. Been to Symphony of Lights during my previous trip~ guess it will be the same all the time? Im planning to take those short cruise at TST pier that includes dinner around 7pm-10pm( i remember i saw some during my last trip) So on the cruise can view SoL so i guess it will be good? =D

Ohh only big furniture in Horizon Plaza? Im looking for little ones, not really sure what because my condo is still under renovation, so plan to have a look since they say it is a 28th storey plaza guess it must be very big, just that im not sure is it worth going over since it is not near and have to take bus/taxi after arrive MTR station....

Yes~ airport express.. yup notice that have to change a few times... So i guess it will be better if take bus or taxi ( a bit costly>.<), will see what time i land hopefully no delay, because my friends just went over during Halloween, cathay pacific delay 1 hour from Malaysia not sure why... Im going to check in to Disneyland resort, so i guess after i arrive TungChung then i take the MTR to Disneyland Resort line... from there it is walkable to resort? Been to Disneyland during my last trip also but couldn't really remember i see any resort sign...

Cant wait for my trip!!! 1 more month today! Cant believe that it is 24/11 today =D 

Don't worry, you must not able to see all the xmas decorations in HK 'coz it's just too many here and there! Haha...

Symphony of Lights is more or less the same every time, at least I couldn't find the difference... who bothers to remember how the lights go on and what's the music?! XD I would rather watch the new light show play on ICC: http://icclightshow.com.hk/ Hm... I never been those dinner harbour cruise but I guess it'd be quite relaxing provided there won't be a lot of China tourists...

There are small deco items too but don't expect too much loh... I only prefer these 4 stores in Horizon Plaza where small accessories also available: TREE , Indigo , Shambala and Tequila Kola. Other stores are mainly big furniture, Persian Carpet, local no-brand or fashion brands.

You have to take shuttle bus from the Disneyland MTR station to Disneyland Hotel or you will need to walk 15-20mins. Timetable see here: http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/tools/transportation/detail?name=GettingAroundTheResortDetailPage

Hey, don't dream so fast! Today is 14/11 only! You still have 1month + 10days to go! Hehee...  :D

Don't worry, you must not able to see all the xmas decorations in HK 'coz it's just too many here and there! Haha...

Symphony of Lights is more or less the same every time, at least I couldn't find the difference... who bothers to remember how the lights go on and what's the music?! XD I would rather watch the new light show play on ICC: http://icclightshow.com.hk/ Hm... I never been those dinner harbour cruise but I guess it'd be quite relaxing provided there won't be a lot of China tourists...

There are small deco items too but don't expect too much loh... I only prefer these 4 stores in Horizon Plaza where small accessories also available: TREE , Indigo , Shambala and Tequila Kola. Other stores are mainly big furniture, Persian Carpet, local no-brand or fashion brands.

You have to take shuttle bus from the Disneyland MTR station to Disneyland Hotel or you will need to walk 15-20mins. Timetable see here: http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/tools/transportation/detail?name=GettingAroundTheResortDetailPage

Hey, don't dream so fast! Today is 14/11 only! You still have 1month + 10days to go! Hehee...  :D

Dear Northasian,

Ohh no!! Its next week!! No longer 1 month >.< Hahahahah cant wait for my trip~ Saw that you post many nice pic of HK! Guess everywhere also have decoration hahahaa!! So happy =)))

Hmm ya guess will go watch the ICC light, i saw from the website you given we have to watch at IFC mall? Exit F of MTR Hong Kong Station? The ICC is the place of sky100? If not wrong ICC is at kowloon side? IFC is at hong kong side? Sorry messed up myself @@~ So countdown need go to kowloon side or HK side a?

Hmm haih headache with horizon plaza i heard there are branded shops over there too? like citygate? Guess have to re-consider about this palce as it is too far away >.<~~~ Like too many places too see and shop hahaa!! 

Ohh didnt notice that disneyland's website got info for the transport.. i just notice there is inspiration lake.. do you know what is that? And i notice that there is no shuttle bus from Disneyland MTR to the resort? We have to walk?

Merry xmas to you in advance!! =)) Recently very busy with my new condo >.< Got less time to come in to check~~~ Cant wait for my trip =) And many thanks to you!!

Dear Northasian,

Ohh no!! Its next week!! No longer 1 month >.< Hahahahah cant wait for my trip~ Saw that you post many nice pic of HK! Guess everywhere also have decoration hahahaa!! So happy =)))

Hmm ya guess will go watch the ICC light, i saw from the website you given we have to watch at IFC mall? Exit F of MTR Hong Kong Station? The ICC is the place of sky100? If not wrong ICC is at kowloon side? IFC is at hong kong side? Sorry messed up myself @@~ So countdown need go to kowloon side or HK side a?

Hmm haih headache with horizon plaza i heard there are branded shops over there too? like citygate? Guess have to re-consider about this palce as it is too far away >.<~~~ Like too many places too see and shop hahaa!! 

Ohh didnt notice that disneyland's website got info for the transport.. i just notice there is inspiration lake.. do you know what is that? And i notice that there is no shuttle bus from Disneyland MTR to the resort? We have to walk?

Merry xmas to you in advance!! =)) Recently very busy with my new condo >.< Got less time to come in to check~~~ Cant wait for my trip =) And many thanks to you!!

Hi Angellingling, so sorry that I've missed your post. Really hope that you have a nice trip. Take care.

Hi Angellingling, so sorry that I've missed your post. Really hope that you have a nice trip. Take care.

Hello.... im back & thank you so much for your lovely info!!! so sorry for the delay! was very busy with my new condo also also CNY!!

Had great time in HK!! =DDDD hopefully there will be more chance for me to go over! 

Meimeimotel was clean and budget.. but the outside of the motel& building looks scary! haha if want budget i feel still can stay!

And of course Disneyland hollywood hotel is great! =) Xmas eve dinner there was great too! =))) We were lack of time took taxi from airport to disney hotel very costly >.<~ 

Xmas decoration was good! bad part is we were at the wrong side for new year countdown hence only can see some fireworks from H&M.

Super star pieces was great too... bad thing is very very hard to find.. have to pass car park.. somemore have to go till the end of the mall @@ 

Love & miss my trip so much!! =))) hopefully can go back in 2 years time!

Hello.... im back & thank you so much for your lovely info!!! so sorry for the delay! was very busy with my new condo also also CNY!!

Had great time in HK!! =DDDD hopefully there will be more chance for me to go over! 

Meimeimotel was clean and budget.. but the outside of the motel& building looks scary! haha if want budget i feel still can stay!

And of course Disneyland hollywood hotel is great! =) Xmas eve dinner there was great too! =))) We were lack of time took taxi from airport to disney hotel very costly >.<~ 

Xmas decoration was good! bad part is we were at the wrong side for new year countdown hence only can see some fireworks from H&M.

Super star pieces was great too... bad thing is very very hard to find.. have to pass car park.. somemore have to go till the end of the mall @@ 

Love & miss my trip so much!! =))) hopefully can go back in 2 years time!

Welcome back Angelingling!! Thanks for returning and telling us how great your trip was~

Don't worry you must have chance to come again, as the air fare is getting cheaper and cheaper now! Hope to see you again here, Happy CNY and good fortune in the year of horse!