• All Activity

About HK
2 2

69 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to know which place is nice to visit cos i will going to HK on April. How about the weather on April? Got any cheap and nice souvenir shop? Any best place to eat? around how much we need to bring for 4days 3 nights?

Hi,

I want to know which place is nice to visit cos i will going to HK on April. How about the weather on April? Got any cheap and nice souvenir shop? Any best place to eat? around how much we need to bring for 4days 3 nights?

Hi Tina,

April is a nice time to visit HK except that fact that there is no sale going on during that month... The weather in April is very warm (around 20-25'c), a bit humid but not too wet and a little rain but not too heavy.

Do you have anything in mind for the souvenir? There are no specific souvenir shops which are particularly cheap or nice. Generally you will find shops/stalls selling HK souvenirs along Ladies Street, Temple Street night market, in Tsim Sha Tsui, The Peak and Stanley Market...etc. just around all those tourists spots. I think their price are more or less the same, except The Peak & Stanley, the price would be a bit more higher. If you would like to buy snacks or treats as souvenir, recommend you to buy from Kee Wah Bakery (http://www.kee-wah.com.hk/public/ehome.html). Their price is reasonable with quality products and service.

For places to eat, there are just too many places to be listed in HK~! Perhaps you can refer to the list I posted under Gourmet forum in HK, so that you can get a rough idea of what are the must-eat in HK.

I think you'd better allow about HK$100/day for eat, HK$30/day for transportation (depends on how many spots you visit in 1 day and how far you go, so it may be a lot cheaper or a little bit over, but I guess it wouldn't be over $40 per day unless you take a taxi). I can't estimate the amount for your shopping 'coz it really depends your shopping pattern...

Hi Tina,

April is a nice time to visit HK except that fact that there is no sale going on during that month... The weather in April is very warm (around 20-25'c), a bit humid but not too wet and a little rain but not too heavy.

Do you have anything in mind for the souvenir? There are no specific souvenir shops which are particularly cheap or nice. Generally you will find shops/stalls selling HK souvenirs along Ladies Street, Temple Street night market, in Tsim Sha Tsui, The Peak and Stanley Market...etc. just around all those tourists spots. I think their price are more or less the same, except The Peak & Stanley, the price would be a bit more higher. If you would like to buy snacks or treats as souvenir, recommend you to buy from Kee Wah Bakery (http://www.kee-wah.com.hk/public/ehome.html). Their price is reasonable with quality products and service.

For places to eat, there are just too many places to be listed in HK~! Perhaps you can refer to the list I posted under Gourmet forum in HK, so that you can get a rough idea of what are the must-eat in HK.

I think you'd better allow about HK$100/day for eat, HK$30/day for transportation (depends on how many spots you visit in 1 day and how far you go, so it may be a lot cheaper or a little bit over, but I guess it wouldn't be over $40 per day unless you take a taxi). I can't estimate the amount for your shopping 'coz it really depends your shopping pattern...

Ok...thanks ya... so on April wont be cold rite?

Ok...thanks ya... so on April wont be cold rite?

My pleasure :)

No more cold in April la, don't worry~ you may feel hot some time!

My pleasure :)

No more cold in April la, don't worry~ you may feel hot some time!

But i heard my friend say the wind will be cold? how about night time?

But i heard my friend say the wind will be cold? how about night time?

Btw, you will be coming in early/mid/end of April? If in early April, maybe still windy at night but will definitely not cold, just cool. So if you're afraid of cold, bring along light jacket/cardigan just in case.

:excl: Oh yes, the temperature at The Peak is slightly lower and windy, really gotta bring jacket if you plan to go up that day.

Btw, you will be coming in early/mid/end of April? If in early April, maybe still windy at night but will definitely not cold, just cool. So if you're afraid of cold, bring along light jacket/cardigan just in case.

:excl: Oh yes, the temperature at The Peak is slightly lower and windy, really gotta bring jacket if you plan to go up that day.

I will going there on 11th April...

I will going there on 11th April...

so it's mid-April.. I guess it won't be cold anymore. Just a light jacket will do~

so it's mid-April.. I guess it won't be cold anymore. Just a light jacket will do~

How about shoes and clothes? Will cheaper than Malaysia or not?

How about shoes and clothes? Will cheaper than Malaysia or not?

There are some shops along Fa Yuen Street North selling cheap shoes and clothes. I think they are cheaper than Malaysia and with more variety~

There are some shops along Fa Yuen Street North selling cheap shoes and clothes. I think they are cheaper than Malaysia and with more variety~

ok... so Fa Yuen Street near where? will far from Ladies Street o not?

ok... so Fa Yuen Street near where? will far from Ladies Street o not?

Fa Yuen Street North is close to Prince Edward MTR station, the part parallel to Ladies Street is also Fa Yuen Street but that part mainly sells sport shoes.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that those HK fashion brands like Esprit, G2000, Giodano and Bossini are far cheaper in HK than in M'sia. You can look for Esprit Factory Outlets in Tsim Sha Tsui (on Canton Road China Hongkong City & Hankow Road at the back of Kowloon Hotel), and in Mong Kok's Sai Yeung Choi Street - Hollywood Shopping Centre.

Fa Yuen Street North is close to Prince Edward MTR station, the part parallel to Ladies Street is also Fa Yuen Street but that part mainly sells sport shoes.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that those HK fashion brands like Esprit, G2000, Giodano and Bossini are far cheaper in HK than in M'sia. You can look for Esprit Factory Outlets in Tsim Sha Tsui (on Canton Road China Hongkong City & Hankow Road at the back of Kowloon Hotel), and in Mong Kok's Sai Yeung Choi Street - Hollywood Shopping Centre.

As you tell me that April got no sales rite? So the price still cheaper than Malaysia??

As you tell me that April got no sales rite? So the price still cheaper than Malaysia??

Yes April is not a sale month, but those Hong Kong original brands are still cheaper than their branches in M'sia, becoz they are HK brand ma... just like LV is cheaper in Paris, Coach is cheaper in USA, and Old Town 3in1 Coffee Powder is cheaper in M'sia~!

In Esprit Factory Outlets in HK, you can find short-sleeves tee at around HK$69-1xx, blouse/shirt at around HK$1xx-2xx, jeans at around HK$299-399.... Really worth to take a look.

Yes April is not a sale month, but those Hong Kong original brands are still cheaper than their branches in M'sia, becoz they are HK brand ma... just like LV is cheaper in Paris, Coach is cheaper in USA, and Old Town 3in1 Coffee Powder is cheaper in M'sia~!

In Esprit Factory Outlets in HK, you can find short-sleeves tee at around HK$69-1xx, blouse/shirt at around HK$1xx-2xx, jeans at around HK$299-399.... Really worth to take a look.

Icic.. Ok... So normally when is the sales?

Icic.. Ok... So normally when is the sales?

Summer Sale is from July to Sep (sometimes to early Oct), Winter Sale is from late Nov to CNY (depends on the CNY in Jan or Feb in that year)...

Hi,

thanks for your previous information. By the way i need to know if we buy wedding ring in HK will cheaper than Malaysia or expensive than Malaysia?

Hi,

thanks for your previous information. By the way i need to know if we buy wedding ring in HK will cheaper than Malaysia or expensive than Malaysia?

Hi Tina,

I think you can check the price range in Malaysia first, then compare the price when you reach HK. I guess the price might be slightly cheaper in Malaysia ('coz cheaper handcraft cost), but style must be newer and more choices in HK. If you don't demand any specific brands like Tiffany/Cartier/Bvlgari/Piaget...etc. I recommend you to take a look in these shops :

- J's (http://www.jsnet.com.hk)

- PN (http://www.pn-diamond.com.hk)

- 4'c (http://www.fdcp.co.jp) Japanese brand, so Japanese website only, with some English)

Other than above, you can also go to Chow Sang Sang, Chow Tai Fook, TSL, Luk Fuk jewelry shops.

Hi,

Ok... so can u make a schedule for my trip or not? Place that worth to go... I will be at HK on 8th April 4pm flight and back to malaysia on 11 April 8pm

I will staying at Dragon hostel. Let me know place that i worth to visit,which food i can try at the place i go, and place for shopping(intro the place that worth to buy)

Hi,

Ok... so can u make a schedule for my trip or not? Place that worth to go... I will be at HK on 8th April 4pm flight and back to malaysia on 11 April 8pm

Tina, sorry I currently have no plan to help members to make itinerary because I think planning itinerary is one of the fun and achievement that one gains from backpacker/free'n easy travel.

Maybe you can browse thru some blogs shared by our members under the "Blog Sharing" part in this forum. Also there is 1 or 2 itineraries posted for comment under this forum too, Hope you can get some ideas from there and make an itinerary which is most suitible for you and your travel partner(s). Cheers~ ;)

Hi,

Jus want to ask if i go to disneyland o friday will be crowd or not? how long we will spend in disneyland? will the food overthere expensive? Any interest place that i can go when i reach HK on Thursday? i think will be evening when i reach there. Any recommend food nearby Dragon hostel?

Hi,

Jus want to ask if i go to disneyland o friday will be crowd or not? how long we will spend in disneyland? will the food overthere expensive? Any interest place that i can go when i reach HK on Thursday? i think will be evening when i reach there. Any recommend food nearby Dragon hostel?

Hi tina,

Did you mean this coming Friday? I think it may not be crowded 'coz it's just a normal weekday. For how long required, it depends on your interest in Disney stuff... If you're a super fan, you'd better spare the whole day there, for example from 10am to park close. If you are not that fond of Disney, I guess you can go at noon (provided you're not travelling with kids or elderly). The food inside the park is definitely more expensive that outside. The cheapest is fastfood, but still need around HK$50 per set. FYI, all visitors are prohibited to bring food to the park. You can only bring bottle drinks.

You can walk around Mong Kok after you reach HK on Thursday evening. The Ladies Street, Sneaker Street (real name should be Fa Yuen Street) & Sai Yeung Choi Street are just opposite the Dragon Hostel. There are lots of food around Dragon Hostel, for example, you can try out some HK local street snack like Smelly tofu, curry fishball, "jin yeong 3 bo"...etc. and the Hui Lau Shan dessert at the corners between Sai Yeung Choi Street and Ladies Street, and there are some wanton noodles stalls along the street where Dragon Hostel located. You can explore yourself~ :)

Nope... not this Friday. I mean on 9 Apr. If weekend will be crowded? How much for the entrance fee for disneyland? I heard my friend told me that over Ladies Street there the price must less much rite? where can get to buy cheaper clothes? doesnt need with brand. because my friend told me that some place will cheat ppl rite? they said is with brand but actually not rite? how about the chinese medicine? where can get to buy?

Dim Sum 點心

Lin Heung Tea House 蓮香樓

Tao Heung 稻香

Maxim's 美心

(which one cheapest?)

Egg Tart 蛋撻 & Polo Bau 菠蘿包

Honolulu 壇島

(the price cheap or not?

Wanton Noodle 雲吞麵

Mak's Noodle 麥奀雲吞麵世家

Chi Kee Wonton Noodle 池記雲吞麵家

Tsim Chai Kee Noodle 沾仔記雲吞麵

Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop 正斗粥麵專家

Ho Hung Kee 何洪記

Porridge (粥, we usually call it Congee)

Ocean Empired 海皇粥店

Tong Sui "Chinese dessert" 糖水

Chung Kee Dessert 松記糖水

Honeymoon Dessert 滿記甜品

Lucky Dessert 發記甜品

Hui Lau Shan 許留山

Sweet Dysnasty 糖朝

(which one nice n cheap?)

Steamed Egg Custard 燉蛋 & Steamed Milk Custard 燉奶

Yee Shun Dairy Company 義順牛奶公司

Roasted Meat 燒味

Yung Kee Restaurant 鏞記酒家, which is very famous for its Roasted Goose. Address is 32-40, Wellington Street, Central 中環威靈頓街32-40號.

Yue Kee Roasted Goose Restaurant 深井裕記燒鵝

(Heard that ppl said this restaurant sell roasted goose very expensive rite?)

Hot Pot 火鍋/打邊爐 (Malaysian use to call it Steamboat)

Little Fat Sheep 小肥羊

Tao Heung 稻香

Tanyoto Hotpot 譚魚頭火鍋

Man Fat 萬發食館

(Is it buffet? How much per person? Which one better?)

Theme Cafe

Charlie Brown Cafe

can i finish all this food on my trip? wish to try all this food ^_^