• All Activity

17th Feb - 22nd Feb 2012
1 1

24 posts in this topic

hi,

this is my 2nd visit to HK. This time im goin with my sisters.

Roughly plan out the trip. pls comment

Day 1 :

Reach HK around 7 plus.

Check in at Panorama Hotel

Pls suggest what can we do around this time at TST. Dinner?

Day 2

Taking Star Ferry to cross to Central

Central . ( Any place or mall must visit at Central ?Shopping or tourist place? dining?) the last time i was there just walked around, visit H&M and

dine at Yung Kee and local restaurant.

Causeway Bay ,Times Square

Up to The Peak ,musuem

Lan Kwai Fong, mid level escalator.

Any places for dinner?

Day 3

Disneyland and tung chung citygate

thinking whether should go to Ngong ping?

Day 4

Mongkok area

- Fa yuen street

- Langham place,

- argyle Centre.

* must visit the porridge shop .i dont remember the name. mongkok area.

pls suggest what can i do at nite?

is repulse bay and stanley must visit? can slot in Day 4?

Day 5

TST area

Granville Road, Cameron Road,Nathan Road

Harbour city

Symphony of Light.

Day 6 :

leaving hk in the afternoon

as you can see there are lots of shopping bcz we love to shop.

pls let me know if you have better suggestions on where to shop and must see places.

no food is added here . i havent reli plan on that

maybe u can suggest where to have lunch/dinner in between. im open to suggestions.

Will the weather still be cold since its end of winter?

hi,

this is my 2nd visit to HK. This time im goin with my sisters.

Roughly plan out the trip. pls comment

Hi winniethedaisy~ Since it’s your 2nd visit, assume that you’ve been to most of the main tourists spots and will focus on shopping in this trip?

Day 1 :

Reach HK around 7 plus.

Pls suggest what can we do around this time at TST. Dinner?

You can still do a little shopping around TST and have a supper nearby. Shops along the Nathan Road close late at around 11:30pm, so you can make good use of the rest of your time in Day 1. If you want a light meal at nite, try Chee Kee near Haiphong Road. Please refer my food blog for review & address :

Day 2

Central (Any place or mall must visit at Central? Shopping or tourist place? dining?) the last time i was there just walked around, visit H&M and

dine at Yung Kee and local restaurant.

You can visit ifc mall, The Landmark and some branded shops along Queen’s Road in Central. There are some small shops of variety stuff along the small street uphill, you can explore them if you’ve time, streets like Hollywood Road, Lyndhurst street, Gage Street, Gough Street…etc.

Causeway Bay, Times Square

Up to The Peak, musuem

Any places for dinner?

You can refer my food blog and pick one you’re interested~

Day 3

Disneyland and tung chung citygate

thinking whether should go to Ngong ping?

No, you won’t have time for Ngong Ping if you will visit Disneyland. Probably not enough time for Citygate if you’d like to stay till the park closing time for the ending-fireworks in Disneyland.

Day 4

Mongkok area

- Fa yuen street

- Langham place

- argyle Centre

* must visit the porridge shop. i dont remember the name. mongkok area.

Did you mean Mui Kee or Ocean Empire?

pls suggest what can i do at nite?

is repulse bay and stanley must visit? can slot in Day 4?

Yes you can include Repulse Bay & Stanley on this day but you will have to give up some shopping time in Mongkok area. Those 2 places are more on sightseeing and less shopping ‘coz Repulse Bay is for the scenery of beach, a temple and some luxury apartments around, and Stanley is for scenery of seashore, alfresco restaurants, a flee market mainly for tourist-oriented stuff and Murray House for some colonial style architecture & fine restaurants with sea view. It would take almost half day to finish both places and suggest you to go there in the morning if you want, then back to the urban area for shopping in late afternoon.

Day 5

TST area

Granville Road, Cameron Road, Nathan Road

Harbour city

Symphony of Light.

You can also include places you didn’t manage to visit in the past few days, e.g. Tung Chung Citygate and/or Mongkok area if you can’t finish on Day 4.

Day 6 :

leaving hk in the afternoon

as you can see there are lots of shopping bcz we love to shop.

pls let me know if you have better suggestions on where to shop and must see places.

As I don’t know what kind of shopping you prefer and where you’ve visited during your last trip, it’s hard for me to suggest places for you… Maybe you can tell me what you’re interested so that I can give better suggestion?

no food is added here . i havent reli plan on that

maybe u can suggest where to have lunch/dinner in between. im open to suggestions.

Again, you can visit my food blog for idea.

Will the weather still be cold since its end of winter?

Unfortunately Feb is usually the coldest month of Winter. I’m not sure if next year will be the same ‘coz our CNY is in Jan next year. Cold weather usually accompany with CNY, as refer to our Chinese Lunar calendar, Spring is around the corner after CNY, so I don’t know if weather will get warmer after the CNY in Jan 2012. Please refer weather forecast when time comes closer to your departure date.

hi,

sorry for my late reply. actually its my sisters' first visit to hk so ill be goin to most of the tourist spots again.

we are staying at Panorama hotel. do u have any idea how shud we get to hotel from airport?

hi,

sorry for my late reply. actually its my sisters' first visit to hk so ill be goin to most of the tourist spots again.

we are staying at Panorama hotel. do u have any idea how shud we get to hotel from airport?

Hotel Panorama by Rhombus in Tsim Sha Tsui, right? Actually you can refer their website : http://www.hotelpanorama.com.hk/location-en.html

Hi

i checked through the telecomunication links which u provided.

i dont know which lines work best for me. basically i need a line which allows me to have 3G network so i cant use whatsapp and also to call back home.

do you have any advice.

Hi

i checked through the telecomunication links which u provided.

i dont know which lines work best for me. basically i need a line which allows me to have 3G network so i cant use whatsapp and also to call back home.

do you have any advice.

Smartone 3G network is the most stable while 3 is the worst.

oh thanks...

calling to local number mobile number is almost the same for all networks?

btw, as stated at disneyland website, the fireworks starts 9pm? i thought winter it shud be earlier?

oh thanks...

calling to local number mobile number is almost the same for all networks?

btw, as stated at disneyland website, the fireworks starts 9pm? i thought winter it shud be earlier?

Yes it should be flat rate to all networks except some plan may have special rate for calling the number within same network, but the rate varience should be very small. FYI, HK mobile service apply same rate for calling out and receiving calls, i.e. cost incurred on calling out & answering calls.

For fireworks time in Disneyland, it's subject to the final decision of park so maybe they want their guests to have longer time enjoying in the park...

hi Northasian,

i have changed my plan

Day 1 :

Reach HK around 7 plus.

Dinner at Chee Kee near Haiphong Road. Please refer my food blog for review & address : http://forum.allabou...-tsim-sha-tsui/

Day 2 ( 18th Feb ) -Saturday

Mongkok area

- Fa yuen street Exit E2

- Langham place

- argyle Centre Exit E2

- Sai Yeung Choi Street South Exit D3

-Trendy Zone Exit E2

Can you advice the place to go in order? will it be more convienient to go to trendy zone 1st then langham place?

Food

Porridge and Kam Wah - Prince Edward station * 47 bute street

Day 3 ( 19th Feb ) -Sunday

Central

H&M

dine at Yung Kee or Tsui Wah restaurant

ifc mall, The Landmark and some branded shops along Queen’s Road in Central. There are some small shops of variety stuff along the small street uphill, you can explore them if you’ve time, streets like Hollywood Road, Lyndhurst street, Gage Street, Gough Street…etc. ( still havent decide on this)

Up to The Peak, musuem

Day 4 (20th Feb ) -Monday

this is to avoid the crowds over the weekend

tung chung citygate morning to 2pm

disneyland 230 onwards

Fireworks at 9pm

Day 5

TST area

Harbour city

Symphony of Light.

Avenue of stars ... how do i go from the symphony of light area? i missed this place the last time i visit.

Is sky 100 worth to visit? any entrance fee?

Day 6 :

leaving hk in the afternoon - 4pm

last min shopping around TST area.

and i missed out Lung Shing Dispensary at Granville Road.

heard its worth to visit?

hi Northasian,

i have changed my plan

Day 1 :

Reach HK around 7 plus.

Dinner at Chee Kee near Haiphong Road. Please refer my food blog for review & address : http://forum.allabou...-tsim-sha-tsui/

Day 2 ( 18th Feb ) -Saturday

Mongkok area

- Fa yuen street Exit E2

- Langham place

- argyle Centre Exit E2

- Sai Yeung Choi Street South Exit D3

-Trendy Zone Exit E2

Can you advice the place to go in order? will it be more convienient to go to trendy zone 1st then langham place?

The location order from North to South is: Prince Edward > Mongkok > Yau Ma Tei, so If you will be having meal at Kam Wah for afternoon tea, then you should start from Yau Ma Tei and if you will be having meal at Kam Wah for late breakfast or early lunch, then you should start from Prince Edward. From North to South, the order is: Fa Yuen Street > Argyle Centre > Langham Place > Sai Yeung Choi Street South > Trendy Zone. You have to see which direction is best suit your plan.

Food

Porridge and Kam Wah - Prince Edward station * 47 bute street

Day 3 ( 19th Feb ) -Sunday

Central

H&M

dine at Yung Kee or Tsui Wah restaurant

ifc mall, The Landmark and some branded shops along Queen’s Road in Central. There are some small shops of variety stuff along the small street uphill, you can explore them if you’ve time, streets like Hollywood Road, Lyndhurst street, Gage Street, Gough Street…etc. ( still havent decide on this)

Up to The Peak, musuem

OK.

Day 4 (20th Feb ) -Monday

this is to avoid the crowds over the weekend

tung chung citygate morning to 2pm

disneyland 230 onwards

Fireworks at 9pm

I would suggest you to leave Tung Chung Citygate to your last day before departure from HK. It's very close to HKiA and only takes 15-20mins bus ride. As I heard Disneyland is getting crowded nowadays so you might not have enough time to enjoy fully without spare a whole day for it... Anyway it's just my personal opinion...

Day 5

TST area

Harbour city

Symphony of Light.

Avenue of stars ... how do i go from the symphony of light area? i missed this place the last time i visit.

Avenue of Stars itself is the best place for watching the Symphony of Lights. Maybe you were there but you didn't realise? :rolleyes: It starts from the Art Muesum and stretch towards Tsim Sha Tsui East.

Is sky 100 worth to visit? any entrance fee?

I personally don't think it's worth. Yes there is entrance fee HKD150/adult or HKD125/adult if you purchase online in advance. (http://www.sky100.com.hk/ticket-information.php) If I were to pay this fee, I would rather pay to Ritz-Carlton Hotel above the sky100 to have a nice drink and enjoy an even higher view with a nice environment~ B)

Day 6 :

leaving hk in the afternoon - 4pm

last min shopping around TST area.

and i missed out Lung Shing Dispensary at Granville Road.

heard its worth to visit?

You can take a look of it when you walk along Granville Road on Day 5. I personally prefer to buy from Bonjour which is less crowded... :P

can i know which bus to take from tung chung to airport? what about our lugggges? where can we put them since we need to check out from hotel. i think my flight is 4 or 5 pm.

also, if i plan to take the tram for fun where do u suggest i should take? somewhere around central to times square( causeway bay)?

can i know which bus to take from tung chung to airport? what about our lugggges? where can we put them since we need to check out from hotel. i think my flight is 4 or 5 pm.

also, if i plan to take the tram for fun where do u suggest i should take? somewhere around central to times square( causeway bay)?

You can take bus S1 to the airport, input the bus route no. here to get more details: http://www.kmb.hk/en/services/search.html

For luggage, you can first check with your airline to see if they offer early check-in service. If no, then you can store them in the rental lockers in Citygate Outlet Mall (http://www.citygateoutlets.com.hk/services/details/Pages/cgo_servcies_%20Locker%20servcies.aspx?lang=EN)

Yep, you can take tram between Central & Causeway Bay, it's roughly take 30mins ride. For stops details, please check here: http://www.hktramways.com/En/TramService/RouteMapEastbound.html FYI, we board the tram at the back door, then get off & pay at the front door. It's a nice experience to take a ride on it~ :)

how do i ride the tram? there s tram stand ?? i can use octopus card to pay rite?

Of coz there are tram stops. You can refer to the link I gave you in my last reply for the stops details. The tram stops look like a bus stop with cover, and mostly at the middle of road. You can refer the picture with green tram in our website for the outlook of tram stop: http://www.allabouthongkong.com/?p=751 Yes you can use Octopus card.

can i asked whether i can buy nice boots? price range?

i prefer those non heels type..more comfy to walk

Shoes are on sale during this few weeks so it's a good time to buy~!! For a nice good one, you're expecting around HK$800-HK$1000 after discount, original price should be over HK$2000. You can try this brand that I quite like: Maud Frizon (http://www.maudfrizon.com/eng-front.htm).

wh

Shoes are on sale during this few weeks so it's a good time to buy~!! For a nice good one, you're expecting around HK$800-HK$1000 after discount, original price should be over HK$2000. You can try this brand that I quite like: Maud Frizon (http://www.maudfrizo...m/eng-front.htm).

which outlet is more convenient for me? i have shortlisted 3 outles. man yee central,WTC causeway bay,miramar centre.TST

I would prefer to buy jade from shop... like those big brands Chow Sang Sang, Chow Tai Fook...etc.

oh ic...do u have any idea where cn i find nice boots other than Maud Frizon as recommended by Northasian.

im thinking whether i should pack a long my thick jacket this time. d weather seems fluctuating .

to add, any local brands of clothing i must keep an eye??? everytime i travel i would love to buy those local brands to bring back home.

I'm sure esprit could be one of them with better quality if talking about local brand. Besides that, have you heard of I.T., which carries a lot Japanese brands in HK and izzue is owned by them? Here is their website: https://www.ithk.com/eng/main.html

Other brands, like Bread & Butter (http://www.breadnbutterstyle.com), 2% (http://www.2percenthk.com/), Initial (http://www.initialfashion.com/), etc. Hope it helps :)

Missed your previous post. There're actually quite a lot of stores selling nice boots with around the same price. Check out all the shoes stores in Langham Place, they have most of the best collection there and of course apart from those super brands. http://www.langhamplace.com.hk/eng/shopping_directory.php

Check out brands like ALDO, ete (owned by I.T), STEVE MADDEN, Venilla Suite (by I.T... I guess!)..... I would suggest just browse through all the brands in Langham Place and you'll be fine ^ ^

Also, please bear in mind, sometimes with the same price, some stores are sellling genuine leather and some are just selling fashion. Try to ask to confirm before you buy.