• All Activity

5D4N Hong Kong Trip
1 1

78 posts in this topic

may i know how much for taxi if take from yau ma tei??? if my baggage very big is it got charges???

All the answers are clearly stated in the website I gave you in my reply dated on 2 Nov, please check it out again.

The Bridal Tea House Hotel bad choice because I get complained from my father-in-laws that the room are too small, can heard next room saying what, also the chair had female's period, the water are very dirty, the whole room smell smoke, every hours the phone keep ringing and the door get knocked. The bed too hard like a wood. My father-in-laws go complain but the reception very rude hence my father-in-laws straight check-out and went to nearby hotel.

So far, overall the trips are fun and tired.

The Bridal Tea House Hotel bad choice because I get complained from my father-in-laws that the room are too small, can heard next room saying what, also the chair had female's period, the water are very dirty, the whole room smell smoke, every hours the phone keep ringing and the door get knocked. The bed too hard like a wood. My father-in-laws go complain but the reception very rude hence my father-in-laws straight check-out and went to nearby hotel.

So far, overall the trips are fun and tired.

Thanks for your sharing, but it's first time hearing such a negative comments on Bridal Tea House... I thought you're staying at Silka Seaview?

Ya, staying at Silka Seaview for the first few days then Bridal Tea House for the last day because Silka Seaview fully booked. May I know is it all hong kong ppl dunno speak English or hear English because we have our dinner at Central. The Manager over there very rude and dunno listen English insist ask us to pay for the food that he heard wrong. My father-in-laws had some how bad impact on the cafe, (couldn't remember the name). Also is it the taxi had the right to not pay the change if we pay in HKD 1000 notes for taxi fare?

Oh sounds really bad! Generally, not all Hong Kong people speak English but I would say its much better than other countries and also it depends on location as well. For your information normally locals will not speak English to a Chinese looking person even they know English well... this is the culture. I guess rudeness is also the culture in many local tea restaurant but many has improved after all these years. For your case, it's not common and my last bad experience was like 3 years back.

To be frank, I never heard nor encounter taxi driver not paying the change of HKD1000. I use to take taxi quite often but never came across before. Sad to hear about your bad experience.

Ya, my father-in-laws get bad image of Hong Kong because one his first day. He initial thought taxi could be good service but where know the taxi driver scolded my father-in-laws in public and said that no change for paying HKD 1000 to him. Overall the food and the attraction are very good... Perhaps hong kong still need time to improve it... Actually the Wing Wah Bakery is tastes better or Kee Wah Bakery for the Wife Biscuit?

Ya, my father-in-laws get bad image of Hong Kong because one his first day. He initial thought taxi could be good service but where know the taxi driver scolded my father-in-laws in public and said that no change for paying HKD 1000 to him. Overall the food and the attraction are very good... Perhaps hong kong still need time to improve it... Actually the Wing Wah Bakery is tastes better or Kee Wah Bakery for the Wife Biscuit?

Perhaps your father-in-laws was not lucky enough to meet a nice taxi-driver or the taxi-driver was not lucky enough that day to earn enough cash for change to a HKD1000 note, haha! Actually you can jot down his name for filing a complaint or even call police to justify the case. Same as most places of the world, taxi-drivers are self-employed, so service quality is not guaranteed (except Japan & the black cab in UK).

For package wife cake, I personally prefer Kee Wah than Wing Wah. If talking about freshly baked wife cake (without individual pacakge), I would say Hang Heung is the best.

May i ask as for the almond cookies, which shop should I look for? Choi Heung Yuen or Koi Kee?

Hm... this is very personal, myself would prefer Choi Heong Yuen~

I wanna ask something is for my future travel hk purpose... Is the weather at April same like the weather when I go hk this year (beginning of nov).... B'cos I wanna start planning my next hk trip... Need wait AirAsia promo.... When is the summer sales start and until when??

I wanna ask something is for my future travel hk purpose... Is the weather at April same like the weather when I go hk this year (beginning of nov).... B'cos I wanna start planning my next hk trip... Need wait AirAsia promo.... When is the summer sales start and until when??

Yep April's weather is quite like current weather in Oct/Nov, but with slightly more humid weather. Unfortunately Summer sale only starts in end June or early July and there won't be any major sale in April.

I could like to at Hong Kong where got Hush Puppies outlet??

If you're talking about branches, they have quite a lot of branches in shopping malls / consignments in department stores. If you're referring to "Factory Outlet", then I think there is none in HK till now...

You can check out their info here :

http://www.facebook.com/HushPuppiesHK

actually, will it be cheaper if buy at HK instead of M'sia? Sorry for so many question b'cos i now start planning... slow slow planning then amend amend..... hahaha... cos next hk trip will be focus on shopping mainly....

actually, will it be cheaper if buy at HK instead of M'sia? Sorry for so many question b'cos i now start planning... slow slow planning then amend amend..... hahaha... cos next hk trip will be focus on shopping mainly....

I understand... it's better to start planning earlier than later so you can have more time for adjustment and improvement.

Sorry I don't know if it's cheaper in HK 'coz I don't know the price in M'sia and I'm not a fan of Hush Puppies. I only know the exchange rate of HKD is getting cheaper which does favour M'sian visitors especially on shopping.

may i know is hong kong got a place that can c the dolphin???

Yes, at Tai O, there are boat operators that take visitors to watch Chinese Pink Dolphin, but not guaranteed that you can watch them 'coz they don't always show up.

Tai O?? Is it nearby the Ngong Ping there???

It's also on Lantau Island but not that close to Ngong Ping 'coz Ngong Ping is on the top of mountain and Tai O is at seaside, but they are connected by bus.

IS the any buses that we can take from Tung Chung to Tai- O and Ngong Ping other than cable car?? Tai-O is fishing village is it?

hi,

now i planning for my second trip to hong kong again.. normally sales is when? if winter sales is early dec till when? also summer sale? what is the perfect month to visit hong kong?

hi,

now i planning for my second trip to hong kong again.. normally sales is when? if winter sales is early dec till when? also summer sale? what is the perfect month to visit hong kong?

Hi jimking, long time no see and you're planning your second trip so soon! Haha... For sale period, you can check out our FAQ section: http://forum.allabouthongkong.com/index.php?/topic/26-faq/

About perfect month to visit HK, it depends on what you focus on, shopping? Winter or summer shopping? Weather? High season or low season? etc.

Cheers~

Yes, Now start planning for my second trip already.. This time will be fully on shopping and start looking at the exchange rate also the hotel rate.... So been searching the sale period... I could like go on low season so that hotel rate wouldn't be high. Also I aim for summer shopping. If can the weather like end of september... Just perfect weather as not too cold or not too hot...