• All Activity

5d4n.
2 2

23 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm planning to go to hong kong for 5d4n from 24th dec to 28th dec.

I have drafted out a brief itinerary, I need some suggestions and advice!

Day 1: I can't confirm what time will we reach but we should be staying at mongkok area. Either stanford hotel or royal plaza hotel. Shop around the area near the hotel. > Head to Central. > The peak (at night).

Should I have my dinner at Central or the peak? Any suggestions?:) will it be too late to head Lan Kwai Fong for some drinks before going back to mongkok? It'd be Christmas eve then. Or is there any other happening places to spend my Christmas eve? What time does the mtr stop operating?

Day 2: Disneyland.

Where else should I go on Christmas day!?

Day 3: Shen Zhen.

Do I need a whole day over there? Anything else I can do after that?

Day 4: Macau (via terminal @ TST) > Tsim Sha Tsui > Avenue of stars (if time allows.)

What time does avenue of stars closes? Is it possible for me to slot in dinner @ jumbo floating restaurant?

Day 5: Last min shopping @ street markets, mongkok area etc etc.

I'm hesitating to go or not to go ocean park. Is ocean park or Disneyland better?

And also, what's nice about Causeway Bay and Wan Chai? How should I slot in if I wanna go? Is it a place for shopping / dinner / nightlife?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I'm planning to go to hong kong for 5d4n from 24th dec to 28th dec.

I have drafted out a brief itinerary, I need some suggestions and advice!

Day 1: I can't confirm what time will we reach but we should be staying at mongkok area. Either stanford hotel or royal plaza hotel. Shop around the area near the hotel. > Head to Central. > The peak (at night).

Should I have my dinner at Central or the peak? Any suggestions?:) will it be too late to head Lan Kwai Fong for some drinks before going back to mongkok? It'd be Christmas eve then. Or is there any other happening places to spend my Christmas eve? What time does the mtr stop operating?

Hi qiqi, have you booked your air ticket yet? I think it's better for you to book the air ticket and hotel sooner 'coz I guess it'd be booked up fast due to Christmas peak season.

FYI, it will be very very crowded EVERYWHERE on Christmas eve after 6pm~! Advise you to go to The Peak earlier like 4 or 5pm in the afternoon to avoid the crowds in MTR. It would be hard to find a place for dinner on Christmas eve... 'coz nice places will be booked up, other places would also be packed 'coz everyone like to go out for a Christmas dinner on that day. You may try to have dinner at those tea restaurants (cha charn teng), as locals would choose places with nicer ambiance for Christmas instead of those cha charn teng that they use to visit everyday... Dining at The Peak could be more expensive than downhill, or you can choose local restaurants like Tsui Wah restaurant or Mak's Noodle at The Peak.

Lan Kwai Fong is one of the popular spots for Christmas countdown, so it will be extremely crowded at late night, but very happening though. Therefore, it will never be too late to go at Christmas eve as it will be more happening as it goes closer to midnight! MTR will be operated overnight on 24DEC, so don't worry about the transportation. Other than LKF, Tsim Sha Tsui's clock tower & Canton Road are another hit spots for Christmas countdown.

Day 2: Disneyland.

Where else should I go on Christmas day!?

Disneyland is good enough for you to spend a whole day there 'coz expected there would be quite crowded and need longer time for queuing up at each attraction.

Day 3: Shen Zhen.

Do I need a whole day over there? Anything else I can do after that?

Yes, better spare whole day there. You can also slot in shopping at Shatin's New Town Plaza or Kowloon Tong's Festival Walk just in case you leave Shenzhen earlier than expected. Shatin and Kowloon Tong are on the way you take MTR from Lo Wu to Mongkok East Station (in case you choose to stay at Royal Plaza).

Day 4: Macau (via terminal @ TST) > Tsim Sha Tsui > Avenue of stars (if time allows.)

What time does avenue of stars closes? Is it possible for me to slot in dinner @ jumbo floating restaurant?

There is no time limit for Avenue of Stars, 'coz it's an open area along the harbourfront that everyone can walk along it at anytime. No, I don't think you have time for Jumbo Kingdom 'coz it's rather far away... Macau will probably take up a whole day. Once I visited Macau by 8:30am ferry from Sheung Wan, and stayed till after dinner & took 8:30pm ferry back, but I still couldn't finish all the tourist spots in Macau with that 12hours!

Day 5: Last min shopping @ street markets, mongkok area etc etc.

I'm hesitating to go or not to go ocean park. Is ocean park or Disneyland better?

It depends on your preference... If you're Disney fan, then no doubt to pick Disneyland. If you prefer more exciting attraction, then go for Ocean Park. FYI, Ocean Park is much bigger than Disneyland, but it can't give you the "fairytale" feel there... so judge yourself la...

And also, what's nice about Causeway Bay and Wan Chai? How should I slot in if I wanna go? Is it a place for shopping / dinner / nightlife?

Causeway Bay is just another shopping place, a bit like a blend of Tsim Sha Tsui (high-end brands) and Mongkok (no-brand fashion). Wan Chai has nothing much than a Golden Bauhinia Square (just a statue and lots of tourists from mainland China). I guess it's hard to slot in 'coz Macau, Shenzhen & a theme park will take up 3 whole days already...

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, could you give me some advice?

Day 1 :

Reach HK.

Eat and shop around hotel areas

Proceed to Central

Take tram to the peak

Madam Tussads Museum - Also located at the peak.

Dinner

Soho/Lan Kwai Fong

Where should I have my dinner at? It'd be christmas eve so Id like to have it at somewhere nice. Have you tried Bubba Gump at the peak? Isit good? Or, is it possible for me to head to jumbo restaurant?

Hi, could you give me some advice?

Day 1 :

Reach HK.

Eat and shop around hotel areas

Proceed to Central

Take tram to the peak

Madam Tussads Museum - Also located at the peak.

Dinner

Soho/Lan Kwai Fong

Where should I have my dinner at? It'd be christmas eve so Id like to have it at somewhere nice. Have you tried Bubba Gump at the peak? Isit good? Or, is it possible for me to head to jumbo restaurant?

If you want to have dinner at nice place, you can have it at The Peak. I haven't tried Bubba Gump but only Cafe Deco at The Peak. You can read my review at my food blog : http://forum.allabouthongkong.com/index.php?/blog/blog-6/cat-26-location-the-peak

No, don't go to Jumbo Kingdom as it's quite inconvenient to go. If you insist, then you have to spare a bit more time on transportation due to Christmas eve...

If you want to have dinner at nice place, you can have it at The Peak. I haven't tried Bubba Gump but only Cafe Deco at The Peak. You can read my review at my food blog : http://forum.allabouthongkong.com/index.php?/blog/blog-6/cat-26-location-the-peak

No, don't go to Jumbo Kingdom as it's quite inconvenient to go. If you insist, then you have to spare a bit more time on transportation due to Christmas eve...

Okay :) I shall have my dinner at the peak.

Is it possible to go to Stanley market after dinner then? Isit far?

Okay :) I shall have my dinner at the peak.

Is it possible to go to Stanley market after dinner then? Isit far?

It's impossible as most of the shop close at 6pm. It's about 45mins by bus from Central. FYI, Main Street Market: 10:30am – 6:30pm & Murray House: 10am – 6pm (closed on Monday). Cheers!

It's impossible as most of the shop close at 6pm. It's about 45mins by bus from Central. FYI, Main Street Market: 10:30am – 6:30pm & Murray House: 10am – 6pm (closed on Monday). Cheers!

Okay! That shall be my day 1 plan. Do you have any idea how to get to our hotel (royal plaza hotel) from the airport? And isit true that we can get cheaper tics from A04 - China Visa at the airport?

On day 2 which is christmas day, I have decided to go Zhu Hai > Macau instead of Disneyland. I know it would be in a rush but we will see how it goes on that day before deciding if we will skip either one place. What do you think?

Day 2:

ZHU HAI (via China Ferry Terminal located at TST to Jiu Zhou Port, Jida)

http://www.cksp.com.hk/eng/ship_schedule/ship_schedule_main_bottom.html

Breakfast

What to do/see at Zhu Hai:

Fisher Girl Statue

GONGBEI UNDERGROUND SHOPPING COMPLEX

Lunch

Cross over via Gongbei border to Macau

Senado Square

The Venetian

-Insert what to see at Macau-

Dinner

Ferry back to HK (either via Macau Ferry Terminal (Sheung Wan) /China Ferry Terminal (TST))

Turbojet - http://www.turbojetseaexpress.com.hk/eng/schedule/prd.html

Will the MTR services be 24 hours on that day?

Okay! That shall be my day 1 plan. Do you have any idea how to get to our hotel (royal plaza hotel) from the airport? And isit true that we can get cheaper tics from A04 - China Visa at the airport?

There are no public transport to Royal Plaza Hotel directly except taxi & its own transfer coach... I would suggest you to take bus A21 (http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/routeinfo.aspx?intLangID=1&searchtype=1&routenumber=a21&route=A21&routetype=D&company=5&exactMatch=yes), and get off at Argyle Centre, then walk along the footbridge to the hotel, it roughly takes about 10mins.

Also, I can't get what you mean by "That shall be your day 1 plan"? Did you mean going to Stanley is your Day 1 plan??

What ticket did you refer to get from counter A04 at airport? FYI, there are many counters at arrival hall in the airport, you can ask around and compare the price. As I don't know which company is on the counter A04, I can't tell if they sell cheaper tickets...

On day 2 which is christmas day, I have decided to go Zhu Hai > Macau instead of Disneyland. I know it would be in a rush but we will see how it goes on that day before deciding if we will skip either one place. What do you think?

I can tell for sure that it's not enough time to visit both Zhuhai & Macau in 1 day, 'coz Macau will probably spend you the whole day already, unless you just touch and go at each spot. As you know it's Christmas day, you should also be prepared for crowds everywhere including the ferry 'coz it's also a popular place for HKers to spend their holidays. If you plan to visit Macau on 25Dec, you should book your ferry tickets in advance.

Day 2:

ZHU HAI (via China Ferry Terminal located at TST to Jiu Zhou Port, Jida)

http://www.cksp.com.hk/eng/ship_schedule/ship_schedule_main_bottom.html

Breakfast

What to do/see at Zhu Hai:

Fisher Girl Statue

GONGBEI UNDERGROUND SHOPPING COMPLEX

Lunch

Cross over via Gongbei border to Macau

Senado Square

The Venetian

-Insert what to see at Macau-

Dinner

Ferry back to HK (either via Macau Ferry Terminal (Sheung Wan) /China Ferry Terminal (TST))

Turbojet - http://www.turbojetseaexpress.com.hk/eng/schedule/prd.html

Will the MTR services be 24 hours on that day?

No, MTR will operate overnight service only on 24Dec midnight till 25Dec morning, to cater for people to count down for the Christmas. So on 25Dec night, it will operate till normal closing time.

Is it alright to make reservations now?

How can I book my ferry tics in advanced if I were to go to zhuhai/Macau on Christmas day? Seriously I don't know whether it's a good choice to go there on Christmas day. Or should I just go to either Disneyland or ocean park on Christmas day? Do you think it's a better idea?

And do I need to book my tics in advance too? (if I were to go Disneyland or ocean park)

Is it alright to make reservations now?

You can try to call them~

How can I book my ferry tics in advanced if I were to go to zhuhai/Macau on Christmas day? Seriously I don't know whether it's a good choice to go there on Christmas day. Or should I just go to either Disneyland or ocean park on Christmas day? Do you think it's a better idea?

And do I need to book my tics in advance too? (if I were to go Disneyland or ocean park)

Actually no matter you go to Zhuhai/Macau, Disneyland/Ocean Park on Christmas, it will be very crowded..... everywhere will be packed with people on public holidays in HK!!! So my advice is, just pick what you prefer, haha...

You can buy from Turbojet or Cotaijet website for ferry ticket to/from Macau, and CKS website for ferry to Zhuhai, remember to apply China visa in advance if you need one.

For entrance ticket, you can buy online to avoid long queue at ticketing booth.

You can try to call them~

Actually no matter you go to Zhuhai/Macau, Disneyland/Ocean Park on Christmas, it will be very crowded..... everywhere will be packed with people on public holidays in HK!!! So my advice is, just pick what you prefer, haha...

You can buy from Turbojet or Cotaijet website for ferry ticket to/from Macau, and CKS website for ferry to Zhuhai, remember to apply China visa in advance if you need one.

For entrance ticket, you can buy online to avoid long queue at ticketing booth.

Sent an email to make reservations already!!

Ahh, so everything can be done online? So I can just buy the tics online and collect on that day? Is it reliable?

Sent an email to make reservations already!!

Ahh, so everything can be done online? So I can just buy the tics online and collect on that day? Is it reliable?

I think they are all big companies so it would be alright.

Thanks! How's the weather in dec? What kinda clothes should I bring along?? Any winter sale to look out for?

Dec would be a bit cold, average temp. is around 16-18'c and of coz there are some days which are colder as weather fluctuate during winter. You gotta check weather forecast before your departure. (http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm) You have to bring thick jacket and might need a down feather jacket if temp. drop below 13'c. Yes there will be winter sale in Dec~

Dec would be a bit cold, average temp. is around 16-18'c and of coz there are some days which are colder as weather fluctuate during winter. You gotta check weather forecast before your departure. (http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm) You have to bring thick jacket and might need a down feather jacket if temp. drop below 13'c. Yes there will be winter sale in Dec~

How's the winter sale!

Anyway do you think zhuhai/Macau or Shenzhen is better for shopping??

How's the winter sale!

Anyway do you think zhuhai/Macau or Shenzhen is better for shopping??

The winter sale seems not too "hot" yet... Mainly are those skincare shops selling Christmas gift sets....

Hm.. definitely not Macau 'coz they have no where to shop! Not sure for Zhuhai but Shenzhen is used to be a shopping paradise for cheap stuff, but can't comment much on it 'coz I don't fancy shopping in China.. hehee... :P

The winter sale seems not too "hot" yet... Mainly are those skincare shops selling Christmas gift sets....

Hm.. definitely not Macau 'coz they have no where to shop! Not sure for Zhuhai but Shenzhen is used to be a shopping paradise for cheap stuff, but can't comment much on it 'coz I don't fancy shopping in China.. hehee... :P

Haha thanks!

Should I buy tickets online @ hkzhan or should I get it at the airport express counter? What do you think? Is the travel agency office far from my hotel (royal plaza)? Or is it possible to get them to send it to my hotel?

Haha thanks!

Should I buy tickets online @ hkzhan or should I get it at the airport express counter? What do you think? Is the travel agency office far from my hotel (royal plaza)? Or is it possible to get them to send it to my hotel?

hkzhan is cheaper but I think you have to go to their office for ticket pickup as it seems that they don't have delivery service...

hkzhan is cheaper but I think you have to go to their office for ticket pickup as it seems that they don't have delivery service...

Okay I think I will get it at the airport from CTS counter.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting Airport Express Travel Pass online. Is it true that there isn't any entry gantry at airport station? Because the collection point for the tickets and card is at the respective airport express stations.

https://www.paydolla...elshop〈=eng

Okay I think I will get it at the airport from CTS counter.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting Airport Express Travel Pass online. Is it true that there isn't any entry gantry at airport station? Because the collection point for the tickets and card is at the respective airport express stations.

https://www.paydolla...elshop&lang=eng

Yes there are no entry/exit gates at Airport station, therefore, as per MTR website, the collection centres for AEL tourist pass are Tsing Yi, Kowloon or Hong Kong station. Details please refer : http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/fares_tickets/airport_express.html