All About Hong Kong
Sign in to follow this  
feliciafgw

HK & Macau 8D7N on Jan 2015

Day 1: 27 Jan (Tue)

• Arrive at HKIA at 5pm. Check in hotel in Mongkok
  • Walk around Temple Street @ Yau Ma Tei and Ladies Market @ Tung Choi Street  (Any nice foods recommended?)
  • Night time: Victoria Harbour, Avenue of Stars, Symphony of Lights (Is the light show begin at 8pm every day?)

Day 2: 28 Jan (Wed)

• Morning breakfast: A
  • Wong Tai Sin temple, Diamond Hill
  • Madame Tussaudg Wax Musuem, The Peak, Peak Tower, Sky Terrace 428 (How to go the peak from Mongkok?)

Day 3: 29 Jan (Thurs)

• Disneyland (Full day)
  • May I know the firework is show daily? Firework show begins around what time?

Day 4: 30 Jan (Fri)

• Macau (Full day) and overnight at Sheraton Hotel Macau (take ferry from Kowloon?)
  • Ruins of St. Paul’s
  • Largo do Senado (Senado Square)
  • The Venetian Macau
  • Macau Tower
  • Gonna try some famous Macau food (e.g: Tart and Zhu pa bao), any nice store recommended? and any nice place to have dinner?
  • The House of Dancing Water (show begin around what time? near where?)

Day 5: 31 Jan (Sat)  

• No plan yet / Or maybe Lamma Island
  • Night time: Lan Kwai Fong @ Central

Day 6: 1 Feb (Sun)  

• Lantau Island (Tian Tan Big Buddha, Ngong Ping Cable Car, Po Lin Monastery, Tai O Fishing Village) we should go Lantau Island around morning what time?
  • Any places suggested on night time? back to Tsim Sha Zui Area

Day 7: 2 Feb (Mon)  

• Ocean Park (How to go from Central by MTR?)
  • Any other else places suggested?

Day 8: 3 Feb (Tue) 

• Depart from HKIA. Flight 1050

Is this itinerary okay? Please kindly help me fit in Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, Stanley and Repulse Bay into my itinerary if possible. 

Can please recommended some shopping mall ? I only know Langham Place coz it near by the hotel i going to stay.

Can somebody can advise where to have breakfast for everyday that near to the places i'm going to visit according to my itinerary? I wish i could have my breakfast at Tim Ho Wan dim sum, Australia Dairy Company, 金华冰厅 or some popular local breakfast place.

May I know what is the temperature in Hong Kong around end of Jan until beginning of Feb?

Thank you in advance. 

There are a lot shopping malls, eg. Harbour City, The One, Silvercord, IFC mall, Pacific Place, Time Square, Hysan Place........etc

Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade = Avenue of Stars, yes Symphony of Lights starts at 8pm every night

Yes Disneyland firework is every day. Time table can refer to disneyland website because its different every season.

Go to Macau can take ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui china hong kong ferry terminal. About House of Dancing Water, you need to buy ticket in advance, some peak dates can be fully book so you have to check their website. 

Ocean park is not going from central, but admiralty. Take MTR to admiralty and take bus 629 to ocean park

Weather is cold in Jan-Feb, can lower than 10c sometimes. Better check weather forecast

Stanley and repulse bay need about half day or more, so you can go on the day with no special plan.

• Like 1

There are a lot shopping malls, eg. Harbour City, The One, Silvercord, IFC mall, Pacific Place, Time Square, Hysan Place........etc

Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade = Avenue of Stars, yes Symphony of Lights starts at 8pm every night

Yes Disneyland firework is every day. Time table can refer to disneyland website because its different every season.

Go to Macau can take ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui china hong kong ferry terminal. About House of Dancing Water, you need to buy ticket in advance, some peak dates can be fully book so you have to check their website. 

Ocean park is not going from central, but admiralty. Take MTR to admiralty and take bus 629 to ocean park

Weather is cold in Jan-Feb, can lower than 10c sometimes. Better check weather forecast

Stanley and repulse bay need about half day or more, so you can go on the day with no special plan.

Thank you hongkongyan. :)

Tram only available on HK island, u can take from anywhere u see tram station, for example, Central to causeway bay... Etc. Each ride only $2.3. U can see the route info on the website www.hktramways.com

May I know how should I get to Peak Tram station at central from Mongkok?

I stay at Royal Plaza Hotel and Sing Yuet Hostel. I booked from agoda.com and the maps shows both of them located near to Mongkok East MTR Station. Are these both hotels near to Mongkok and Jordon MTR Station? 

Can I walk from Mongkok to Mongkok East?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Do u guys know where JCL Jewellery City which located at 土瓜湾? May I know how should I go there from Mongkok by MTR?

Thank you in advanced :)

Royal Plaza Hotel is just next to Mongkok East station but I guess Sing Yuet Hostel is not as close because the station is kind of uphill and there is only a shopping mall, hotel and government building there. Sing Yuet Hostel should be closer to Mongkok station, but not Jordan station. 

Yes, you can walk between Mongkok and Mongkok East station, about 10-15mins between two stations.

From Mongkok, take MTR Tsuen Wan Line to Central station, then you can follow the walking direction shown on http://www.thepeak.com.hkto walk to Peak Tram station.

Why would you like to go to JCL Jewellery City? Normally locals won't shop jewellery there... If you wanna buy jewellery, suggest you to buy from Chow Sang Sang, Chow Tai Fook, Luk Fook...etc. all these are major jewellery chain in HK and have lots of branches everywhere in the city. Just FYI, price of precious metal (e.g. 999 gold, platinum etc) in HK is fixed, so if gold jewellery is what you're looking for, you may only compare the design across shops because the price should be more or less the same. The difference is only the price of craftsmanship, which won't be a very big variance.