All About Hong Kong
Sign in to follow this  
Debz

6D5N Macau Hong Kong Trip

Hi all,

I'll be heading HK on Christmas Day and will be staying at The Langham, Mongkok. Could anyone recommend places nearby for dinner (perhaps steamboat or any other local food - 4 adults and 1 child age 5yrs) and also immerse in Christmas mood that evening? Are we near the Symphony of Lights?

For Boxing Day, we would like to head Macau. May I know where is the nearest pier? Tsim Sha Tsui? Alright to purchase tickets from Turbojet online first? We plan to just walk around and enjoy local snacks/meals. Any place to recommend local delights? What's a good time to spend in Macau? What delights are good to buy?

Day 3 (Sat), we plan to head Lamma Island. Or would you suggest another outlying island? Any suggestions on what to do at Lamma Island? Or should I try Cheung Chau instead?

Day 4 (Sun), we plan to head Ngoing Ping and Tai-O. Do you suggest we go on Mon instead? We would like to buy dried goods there. I'm concerned if the shops will be closed on Mon.

Day 5 (Mon), I was hoping to go the PEAK coz we missed it the last trip but I'm worried the queue will be super long again. Any other ways to get tickets to the tram? Or drive up there? Any other places to go near the Peak? Was thinking of going Yung Kee for dinner after that. Are they near?

Alternatively, we are planning to visit Stanley or Repulse Bay area to chill on Mon.

Day 6 (Tue), we are likely to hang out near the hotel. Our flight is at 6pm though so technically we can go somewhere for half day. Any recommendation? Should we go Yuen Long to buy wife's cake? We will hv to collect our luggage after that though.

Each night, we can visit either Ladies' Street or Temple Street since it's near where we are staying.

Any restaurants, cha chan teng, dai pai tang near Langham we should visit for breakfast, dinner, tim sum or snacks? Any interesting place to visit nearby? We are basically looking for food.

Thanks and Merry Xmas in advance!

Hi all,

I'll be heading HK on Christmas Day and will be staying at The Langham, Mongkok. Could anyone recommend places nearby for dinner (perhaps steamboat or any other local food - 4 adults and 1 child age 5yrs) and also immerse in Christmas mood that evening? Are we near the Symphony of Lights?

Mongkok is not close to Symphony of Lights, you gotta take MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui and walk to Avenue of Stars to enjoy the show at 8pm. Mongkok is not that much in terms of Christmas atmosphere, it would be far better in Tsim Sha Tsui area, so suggest you to head to TST after having an early dinner in Mongkok. For hot pot, Little Sheep what close to Langham Mongkok is not too bad, other choice is Tao Heung which is also a Chinese restaurant that you can order Cantonese dishes as well. 

For Boxing Day, we would like to head Macau. May I know where is the nearest pier? Tsim Sha Tsui? Alright to purchase tickets from Turbojet online first? We plan to just walk around and enjoy local snacks/meals. Any place to recommend local delights? What's a good time to spend in Macau? What delights are good to buy?

The nearest ferry terminal is at Tsim Sha Tsui China Hong Kong City (approx. 10-15mins walk from MTR station). Yes better to purchase ferry ticket online because that day is public holiday in HK, not sure if ferry would be full during peak time. Macau famous local snacks are Almond Biscuit, Meat Jerky...etc. You can find a lot of delights/souvenir shops along the street heading from Senado Square to Ruins of St. Paul. 

Day 3 (Sat), we plan to head Lamma Island. Or would you suggest another outlying island? Any suggestions on what to do at Lamma Island? Or should I try Cheung Chau instead?

Lamma is quieter and Cheung Chau is a lot more happening. And seafood meals in Cheung Chau is cheaper too~ You can buy dried goods in Cheung Chau too.

Day 4 (Sun), we plan to head Ngoing Ping and Tai-O. Do you suggest we go on Mon instead? We would like to buy dried goods there. I'm concerned if the shops will be closed on Mon.

If you have visited Cheung Chau in Day 3, then you may have bought the dried goods already. Tai O is more or less the same as Cheung Chau in terms of shopping, the difference is the houses on stilts and possibilities to see Chinese Pink Dolphins if you join those short boat trips.

Day 5 (Mon), I was hoping to go the PEAK coz we missed it the last trip but I'm worried the queue will be super long again. Any other ways to get tickets to the tram? Or drive up there? Any other places to go near the Peak? Was thinking of going Yung Kee for dinner after that. Are they near?

Peak Tram tickets are not available for online purchase, so you can only buy it on the spot. There is bus going to The Peak too, bus 15 running from Central Ferry Pier or Exchange Square to The Peak. The Peak is only the peak, there is Peak Galleria shopping mall, The Peak Tower and Madame Tussauds museum. Yung Kee is in Central, which is not up on The Peak, but you can go there after going down hill from The Peak.

Alternatively, we are planning to visit Stanley or Repulse Bay area to chill on Mon.

Day 6 (Tue), we are likely to hang out near the hotel. Our flight is at 6pm though so technically we can go somewhere for half day. Any recommendation? Should we go Yuen Long to buy wife's cake? We will hv to collect our luggage after that though.

It's enough time for you to go to Yuen Long but it seems a bit fussy to go all the way to Yuen Long. Hang Heung still got a counter at Sogo Causeway Bay so you may consider pay a visit there.

Each night, we can visit either Ladies' Street or Temple Street since it's near where we are staying.

Any restaurants, cha chan teng, dai pai tang near Langham we should visit for breakfast, dinner, tim sum or snacks? Any interesting place to visit nearby? We are basically looking for food.

Interesting places in Mongkok are mainly Ladies Street, Fa Yuen Street market, Sai Yeung Choi Street (some street snack shops are there), Goldfish Street (near Fa Yuen Street market in Prince Edward), Flower Market also near Fa Yuen Street market).

Thanks and Merry Xmas in advance!

Merry Christmas and hope you have a good time here in HK!