All About Hong Kong
Sign in to follow this  
Ally Chiu

HK trip 6D5N

Hi,

i'll be going to HK mid of next month.(Dec) bring my parents and my kids. First time going. Any suggestion for attraction places and nice foods? The places that i will  go are disneyland, ocean park and lantau island. Other than that, no more idea.  Disneyland (1 day). Ocean park & Lantau island (is it enough for half day or need to spend whole day?) if half day, any interesting place to visit nearby ocean park? 

I'll staying at Ibis hotel ( sheung wan). Any recommeded foods to eat and interesting places to visit around the hotel that i stay? 

May i know what transport is better to use (bus, taxi or train) from airport to Ibis Hotel? as i'll arrive in HK at 1pm.

Lantau island is it near the peak and the Ngo Ping 360? 

Sorry for asking a lot of questions

thanks 

To eat near the hotel (within ten minute walk), there is:

-Kau Kee (known for their beef brisket noodle): http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=1618

-Sang Kee (known for their porridge/congee - their fish belly and chicken marinated in wine especially good): http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=3023&tc=sr1

For coffee shops in Sheung Wan for a break there is:

-Common Room

-Brew Bros

-18 Grams

Tea place to relax:

-Teakha (the area of Tai Ping Shan has nice boutiques shops as well. a mix of local and newer shops)

For quickness, you can take the airport express to "Hong Kong" station, which is the last stop, then there is a free shuttle that drops you off at your hotel.

• Like 1

But you with quite some people it could be more convenient to take taxi, because take airport express also not very cheap. Most hk taxi can sit 5 people, and car storage can put 2-3 suitcase.

• Like 1

here is my itinerary. Anyone can help me to check whether is it ok?

Day 1

-Arrive HKIA around 1pm

-reach hotel (Ibis Hotel Sheung Wan)

-late lunch ( Kau Kee)

-Victoria Park

-Madame Tussauds HK

-Peak Tream

-Dinner (anyone can recommend)?

Day 2

-Hotel Breakfast

-Disneyland (whole day)

Lunch & Dinner (in Disneyland or anyone can recommend nearby restaurant)

Day 3

-Breakfast (hotel or nearby hotel) dim sum or ....Sang kee

-Ocean park (10am-6pm) is it too long time spend in ocean park?

Dinner - anyone can recommend?

-thinking to go 'sport shoe' market? is it nearby?

Day 4

-Breakfast (hotel or nearby)

-Lantau Island

-Big Buddha

-Ngong Ping 360

-any other interesting place to intro?

lunch and dinner -nearby (any foods to recommend?)

any place for shopping?

night time- any places to go?

Day 5

Breakfast (Hotel or nearby) or any famous breakfast to recommend?

Avenue of star

Hongkong skyline

Hong kong science museum

Harbour City Mall

Lunch & Dinner (any place to recommend?)

Any other place to go as  i think the about 4 places no need to spend for whole day... maybe can slot some other interesting places or shopping?

Night time- any place to go?

Day 6

Stay hotel as flight time is 1.30pm

Need to go airport at 10am ( is it too early)?

Thanks in advance... :)

Look alright but the Victoria Park visit on the 1st day seems odd as it's located in Causeway Bay, you'll have to go back and forth between Central and Causeway Bay. Are you visiting there for any special purpose? Or is it Hong Kong Park located near Peak Tram terminal instead (which's more make sense since you're going to The Peak after that)

There are nothing around Disneyland except a man made lake and the 2 Disney hotels, so you'll have to do all the dining inside the park I'm afraid. You've no choice.

The Sneakers Street (actual name is Fa Yuen Street) is in Mongkok and not close to Ocean Park at all. 

Citygate Outlet Mall in Tung Chung is where you can shop after the Big Buddha visit and cable car ride. You may have veggie lunch (set menu) in Po Lin Monastery. Remember to purchase the meal vouchers at Big Buddha ticketing booth (downstairs the Big Buddha) once you arrive because sometimes it may be sold out especially during weekends/holidays. Other than the Buddha itself, follow signs and walk to Wisdom Path which takes roughly 30mins or so, nice place with scenic nature view. 

There is an old and traditional dim sum tea house named Lin Heung in Sheung Wan that's worth to try. It's the very old type of tea house that patrons need to grab seats and grab dim sum by themselves, as well as share table with strangers. If you don't mind helping yourself and the slightly messy environment, it's quite a good way to experience the old-hong-kong lifestyle though. 

Look alright but the Victoria Park visit on the 1st day seems odd as it's located in Causeway Bay, you'll have to go back and forth between Central and Causeway Bay. Are you visiting there for any special purpose? Or is it Hong Kong Park located near Peak Tram terminal instead (which's more make sense since you're going to The Peak after that)Sorry..should be victoria peak (correct me if i'm wrong). it's nearby the madame Tussauds HK

There are nothing around Disneyland except a man made lake and the 2 Disney hotels, so you'll have to do all the dining inside the park I'm afraid. You've no choice. - thanks for the info

The Sneakers Street (actual name is Fa Yuen Street) is in Mongkok and not close to Ocean Park at all. -which day do u think is suit to slot in? should slot into day 5 after harbour city mall shopping? 

Citygate Outlet Mall in Tung Chung is where you can shop after the Big Buddha visit and cable car ride. You may have veggie lunch (set menu) in Po Lin Monastery. Remember to purchase the meal vouchers at Big Buddha ticketing booth (downstairs the Big Buddha) once you arrive because sometimes it may be sold out especially during weekends/holidays. Other than the Buddha itself, follow signs and walk to Wisdom Path which takes roughly 30mins or so, nice place with scenic nature view. - thank you so much for the good info....

There is an old and traditional dim sum tea house named Lin Heung in Sheung Wan that's worth to try. It's the very old type of tea house that patrons need to grab seats and grab dim sum by themselves, as well as share table with strangers. If you don't mind helping yourself and the slightly messy environment, it's quite a good way to experience the old-hong-kong lifestyle though. - thank you. 

For Day 3, ocean park...the place will close at 6pm. any idea or good suggestion where can go during night time or good dinner can recommend?

thank you so much bbgirl.

For breakfast around sheung wan area,u can either go hoi on(海安)for breakfast or tea,it is a local coffe shop which operate more than half century

Another hong kong style coffe shop you can consider is foh kee(科记),their pork chop and curry buff+onion toast are nice,although the price is slightly expendsive

If you prefer the western style of breakfast,u can try green lounge,their egg benedict with prawn is not bad.

For Dim Sum i would recommend Lin heong lau(莲香楼) and luk yu(陆羽),both of them located at central so u might need to grab a cab or take MRT if wanna go there for breakfast.

As for inside harbour city mall,u can try out the House of Jasmine(八月居),both their dimsum and cantone dishes are not bad.

For going back i would recommend you took the airport express at hong kong station as you can done all your bagague check in and borading pass at the station.for 1.30PM flight i would recommend u reach hong kong station latest by 10.30am,after done the check in u might be reaching hong kong airport around 11.30,then u still can have plenty of time to do some shopping in the airport or grab a meal before the flight.

thanks craven & hongkongyan. 

i had rearrange my schedule. please help me to check is it ok or not?? the schedule looks so tight...

Day 1

-Arrive HKIA 1.30pm

-Check in hotel (Ibis Sheung Wan)

-Avenue of Star

-Hong Kong Skyline

-Hong Kong Science Museum 

-Harbour City (Shopping)

-Fa Yuen Street

Day 2

-Breakfast (Hotel / Hoi On / Foh Kee)

-Disneyland

-Lunch & Dinner (inside Disneyland)

Day 3

-Breakfast ( Hotel / Hoi On / Foh Kee)

-Ocean Park

-Victoria Peak

-Madame Tussauds

-Peak Tram

Day 4

-Lantau Island

-Big Buddha

-Ngong Ping 360

-Lunch (Po Lin Monostery)

-Wisdom Path

-City Gate Mall 

-Dinner

Day 5

-Macau (1 day trip)

Day 6 

-Breakfast at hotel

-Use airport express to airport

-Flight 1.30pm

Which itinerary is better?? the first or second one? please help me on it...

thanks in advance.... 

Same view here,day 3 will be a bit rush,need to keep an eye on timing,latest should be out from ocean park by 4 or 5pm

There's a local coffee shop name Man Wah located near Fah Yuen Street,their pineapple bun+scramble egg+ham,French toast and ginger beef noodle are nice,if you wan something light u can try out the Fu Kei porridge which also around the corner.

thanks Craven & Hongkongyan.  Man Wah coffee shop still operate during evening time as after ocean park, i think the time will be around 4 sth. 

Btw, may i know where can i purchase all the entrance tickets? do i need to purchase online (thru their website) or i buy it when i go to HK?

thanks again...

thanks Nettie. Is there any price different if purchase online or purchase thru Ding Ding Travel? Ding Ding Travel sell Disneyland ticket only or other entrance ticket also have?

Craven, thanks for the info. will jot it down in my schedule. :)

Normally, tickets sold in travel agencies are cheaper and they sell many different entrance tickets like Sky100, ocean park, etc