All About Hong Kong
Sign in to follow this  
orochibot

13 Day in Hong kong

Hello, Me and couple of friends are spending 13 days in hong kong around September.  Wonder if anyone can help me Plan what to do, any good resturants with dimsum/Peking style/sea food? What are some good attractions? We are staying Silka far east Tsuen Wan

13 days really a long trip! Will you plan to go Macau? Maybe you can stay 1 night there.

Dim sum: Tim Ho Wan, Lin Heung, Luk Yu Tea House, Maxim's Chinese restaurant

Peking style : 鹿鳴春飯店 Spring Deer Restaurant and 泰豊廔酒家 Tai Fung Lau Peking Restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui are very famous and nice

Seafood : restaurants in Lei Yu Mun, Sai Kung are good but could be expensive, restaurants in Cheung Chau and Lamma Island are cheaper

Attraction : Too many! The Peak, Ngong Ping 360 and Big Buddha, Temple street & Ladies street, Avenue of Stars, Symphony of Lights, Star Ferry,

Repulse Bay and Stanley, Disneyland, Ocean Park....etc. See what you are interested in...

Hello,

I planned to go in September, for that I found a useful application 

If you have a smartphone, you can install : TripAdvisor for Hong Kong

This application works offline, no need of internet connection

You have Hong Kong map, restaurants reviews, attractions, metro stations and suggested itineraries 

ps : sorry for my bad English ;-)

Enjoy your trip

Thank you for the information Hongkongyan and Wai-lun:D .

Attractions wise:

Ocean Park,Disney Land, Stanley, Temple street/Ladies street,Mid level escalator,Hong kong park,Ding Ding tram,HK Zoological garden,Victora peak, Ngong Ping 360,good beaches, Ave of stars, Symphony of light, Museums prefer the heritage and mari time defence,Chi lin nunnery,Sam tung Uk museum,Macau, Cheung Chau and LKF.

Most likely 1 day for macau and half of day for cheung chau.

Is Jumbo kingdon a good dimsum too?

Is Ngong Ping 360 or Disney land worth the money too?

Know any good szuchen resturants near Jorden/TST ?

Know any good Haunted place/historical places too?

Out of the 13 days, will be visiting relatives too that's why it's a long trip.

woow... so many places to visit!

1 day in Macau is ok but very rush.

If just go cheung chau without hiking, half day is enough. Just go there for seafood lunch and snacks like big fish balls.

For me, jumbo kingdom is cheating tourist. so many nice dim sum restaurants in the city. just pick one with many locals.

NP360 and Disneyland are 2 different thing, depends what you are looking for.

You mean Sichuan? You can try Mask of "Si Chuen & Beijing" at TST. http://www.kingparrot.com/restaurants.php?id=16

There is one very haunted school at yuen long but not recommend to visit, http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%81%94%E5%BE%B7%E5%AD%B8%E6%A0%A1

How much HKD Do i need to exchange for 15 nites? I will also bring a CC as well. the hotel/flight fee are already pay for. this is for tourist attractions/food/macau and transportation.

Let me know the estimate

How much HKD Do i need to exchange for 15 nites? I will also bring a CC as well. the hotel/flight fee are already pay for. this is for tourist attractions/food/macau and transportation.

Let me know the estimate

Hmmm... It's hard to tell as different person's spending and preference are different. Perhaps let you know an average cost of essential spendings and you may have some ideas on how much you need to bring:

Octopus card : HK$150/each (initial cost)

Breakfast : HK$25-30/set (include food + drink)

Lunch : HK$40-60 (cha chaan teng or fast food chain)

Dinner : HK$40-100 or more (cha chaan teng/fast food for lowest price)

Transportation in HK : Depends on how many places you plan to visit and how far it is. You can calculate a rough cost according to your itinerary on MTR website's journey planner.

Macau ferry : About HK$300 round trip, kindly check the exact fare on ferry websites

Attractions : Depends on which attractions you wanna visit. You may find their entrance fee at their official websites.

ya i was recommended at least $1500cnd ----> a little over 10k HkD

Breakfast/Lunch most likely FastfooD/cha chaan teng

Dinner = mostly cha chaan teng + some nights restaurant in shatin/ jordan

Transportation wise probably mostly buses/mtr to most places 

Main attractions most likly be Ocean Park, Ngong Ping 360 and chi lin nunnery. 

Yes HK$10K will be better and you don't need to worry of lacking HK$ cash in the last few days. For transportation, yes MTR can cover most of the places for tourist so it would be easier for you to estimate the transportation cost by checking the fare online. FYI, Chi Lin Nunnery should be free entrance, so you only need to pay for the theme park and NP360.

Hello,

I planned to go in September, for that I found a useful application 

If you have a smartphone, you can install : TripAdvisor for Hong Kong

This application works offline, no need of internet connection

You have Hong Kong map, restaurants reviews, attractions, metro stations and suggested itineraries 

ps : sorry for my bad English ;-)

Enjoy your trip

You can try this app too...

HKeTransport by HK goverment....it quite nice...search at your smartphone browser to download.

hopefully this is helped you... :)

You can try this app too...

HKeTransport by HK goverment....it quite nice...search at your smartphone browser to download.

hopefully this is helped you... :)

I tried this app before but this is not good. Hard to search and not correct sometimes. HK people use to download separate apps, MTR to search MTR, KMB and Citybus for buses. 

I tried this app before but this is not good. Hard to search and not correct sometimes. HK people use to download separate apps, MTR to search MTR, KMB and Citybus for buses. 

Really? Oh....so does you have any suggestion for me cause tomorrow i wil travel to HK for 9 days :)

Hi Kelvin, I use MTR mobile app which is very helpful. You can search routing, fare, approximate travelling time as well as exit info there. Another app is MTR next train app, that tells you when will the next train arrive. For bus apps, I am not sure if you will take any buses because MTR could cover most tourist spots, but if you'd like to d/l then you can search KMB & LW app (for buses mainly operated to/from Kowloon and New Territories area) and CitybusNWFB app (for buses mainly operated to/from Hong Kong Island). Have a happy trip!!

Hi Kelvin, I use MTR mobile app which is very helpful. You can search routing, fare, approximate travelling time as well as exit info there. Another app is MTR next train app, that tells you when will the next train arrive. For bus apps, I am not sure if you will take any buses because MTR could cover most tourist spots, but if you'd like to d/l then you can search KMB & LW app (for buses mainly operated to/from Kowloon and New Territories area) and CitybusNWFB app (for buses mainly operated to/from Hong Kong Island). Have a happy trip!!

Thank you Shirousa...

we are also planning to stay at YHA Mei Ho house hostel the last 2 nites of our trip, wonder if anyone know if it's a good or what's nearby and the quickest way to airport is taxi?

we are also planning to stay at YHA Mei Ho house hostel the last 2 nites of our trip, wonder if anyone know if it's a good or what's nearby and the quickest way to airport is taxi?

It's a good idea to stay there and have different accommodation experience! The location is near Sham Shui Po so you can walk around Ap Liu Street and also Golden Computer Centre if you're interested in gadgets. There are many nice food in that area too. 

If you talk about the fastest way to airport from there, it must be taxi because it takes quite some walk to the bus stop with bus to airport, and MTR there is not directly connected to airport express line.

Tai O is a fishing village, if you like Cheung Chau, you may like Tai O, but it is smaller than cheung chau. It is at Lantau island, you can take bus to Tai O from Tung Chung. See this www.newlantaobus.com