All About Hong Kong
Jessie Choong

4D3N Macau-HK How to see the best places in such a short duration?

Hi,

My friend and I are going to Macau and HK for a shopping & relaxing trip.

It is rather short but we would appreciate it if you could give me some idea how to see the most of everything although the time is kinda limited. Thanks very much!!!

06-May

1015 Arrival in MACAU International airport

1100 MACAU-HK by ferry

1300 Arrival in HK Island Terminal Sheung Wan -To Anne Black Hostel

1400 Lunch? Where?

1430 Langham Place/ Argyle Centre/ Harbour city + Fa Yuen Street+ Ladies' Street

1700 Tea time (Where?)

1800 Clock Tower & Heritage 1881

1930 Avenue of Stars

2000 The Symphony of Light

2100 Late dinner (Where?)

2130 Temple Street

07-May

0800 Breakfast - Where?

0900 To City Gate Outlet (How to go?)

1230 Central Mid-level escalators +Pottinger Street +Hollywood Road

1330 Lunch (Where?)

1400 Stanley Market

1600 Causeway Bay? by Tram (What to see?)

1800 Dinner

1900 Wan Chai? (What to see?)

2100 The Peak

2300 Lan Kwai Fong

08-May

Haven't decided where to go yet. We are supposed to go to Macau this day. I am

planning to book a highlight tour with Macau Tourism Board in the afternoon. The tour

starts at 1:45pm so we only have a few hours in the morning to stay in HK.

We haven't decided on where to have our meals yet. My friend and I are not a big fan of expensive food...We just wanna try out some famous and local delicacies such as dim sum, cheong fun, tau fu fa, etc etc...

I am a Snoopy fan and delighted to know that HK has Snoopy world!!! How exciting!!!! I was wondering can I squeeze in this visitation into my itinerary? Is it feasible to do it on the 8-May morning?

Any suggestion where to get souvenirs from HK? Especially famous cookies and biscuits.

In terms of transportation, do you recommend us to buy travel pass or single ticket?

I hope my itinerary isn't too packed... please kindly give your precious opinion about it...

Thanks a million!! Cheers ^^

Hi.

For the foods, you can check this http://www.allabouthongkong.com/?cat=12

Snoopy's World in Sha Tin is a nice place. I love it! :) what time will you depart from HK - Macau on May 8?

Oh btw, since you're a Snoopy fan, you may wanna check out Charlie Brown Cafe in TST :)

How to go to Citygate?

-as for some, MTR will be the most convenient way.

I checked the location of your hotel, the nearest MTR station is Yau Ma Tei. So, ride the MTR from Yau Ma Tei (Red line) to Lai King then interchange for the Tung Chung line.

Here's a detailed info;

Yau Ma Tei - Mong Kok - Prince Edward - Sham Shui Po - Cheung Sha Wan - Lai Chi Kok - Mei Foo - Lai King (then transfer to Tung Chung line) - Tsing Yi - Sunny Bay - Tung Chung

Maybe you can adjust your time in going to Citygate. Around 10am maybe. As most of the shops opens late.

What to see in Causeway Bay?

-more like what to do. Hehe! :) one word, SHOPPING! :) btw, Victoria Park is in CWB!

What to see in Wan Chai?

-Cultural, Arts, and Historical stuff.

I suggest you get an Octopus card (http://www.octopus.com.hk/home/tc/index.html)

Thank you for much for you prompt and comprehensive reply!

Initially, I was planning to join the Macau Highlight Tour at 1.45PM. In that case, we have to leave HK by 11AM but that would leave me no time to visit Snoopy World... That;s sooooo sad....

Now, I am considering to take the tour on the next day on 9th May so that I could have enough time to spend in HK on the 8th May before going to Macau. My flight is at 9PM on the 9th May. DO you think I have enough time to cover Macau on one day?

Any recommendation for nice pub/ bar/ club in Lan Kwai Fong? I have never been to any club so I'd love to try once in HK :)

THanks

Hi Jessie, sorry that I've edited your first post for easy reading, hope you don't mind.. :)

4-day is indeed quite rush especially if you're arriving at and departing from Macau, which you've to added almost half day for transportation between HK & Macau. Therefore I strongly agree to move your half day Macau tour to your last day so you can have more time in HK.

Please read my comments in green below:

Hi,

My friend and I are going to Macau and HK for a shopping & relaxing trip.

It is rather short but we would appreciate it if you could give me some idea how to see the most of everything although the time is kinda limited. Thanks very much!!!

06-May

1015 Arrival in MACAU International airport

1100 MACAU-HK by ferry

1300 Arrival in HK Island Terminal Sheung Wan -To Anne Black Hostel

1400 Lunch? Where?

HuiFungYi is right, please kindly browse thru my food blog to get some ideas~ ^^

1430 Langham Place/ Argyle Centre/ Harbour city + Fa Yuen Street+ Ladies' Street

1700 Tea time (Where?)

1800 Clock Tower & Heritage 1881

1930 Avenue of Stars

2000 The Symphony of Light

2100 Late dinner (Where?) Recommend Four Seasons Claypot Rice (http://forum.allabouthongkong.com/index.php?/blog/6/entry-19-four-seasons-pot-rice-%E5%9B%9B%E5%AD%A3%E7%85%B2%E4%BB%94%E9%A3%AF-yau-ma-tei/) near Temple Street, or can try those seafood dai pai dong along Temple Street too.

2130 Temple Street

07-May

0800 Breakfast - Where?

0900 To City Gate Outlet (How to go?)

1230 Central Mid-level escalators +Pottinger Street +Hollywood Road

Guess you might not have enough time for shopping at Citygate if you plan to arrive Central at 1230... Would suggest you to move it to 8May together with Snoopy World and stay the focus on Hong Kong Island on this day. You may go to Stanley first in the morning, then back to Causeway Bay/Wan Chai/Central at around 1pm, shopping and walk around till 6pm and go to The Peak for night view. After finished The Peak, go downhill and visit Lan Kwai Fong for night life. It could be very rush for including so many spots in 1 day with Stanley involved quite far away to go from the city. Your time management have to be good and strict...

1330 Lunch (Where?)

1400 Stanley Market

1600 Causeway Bay? by Tram (What to see?)

1800 Dinner

1900 Wan Chai? (What to see?)

2100 The Peak

2300 Lan Kwai Fong

08-May

Haven't decided where to go yet. We are supposed to go to Macau this day. I am

planning to book a highlight tour with Macau Tourism Board in the afternoon. The tour

starts at 1:45pm so we only have a few hours in the morning to stay in HK.

OK, if you've moved Macau tour to 9May, in this day morning you can visit Snoopy World (be prepared that it's just a small park with Peanuts character statue around only... there is a small boat ride but you've to spend a certain amount in New Town Plaza for a ride.). Maybe you can take a walk around New Town Plaza as well (for shopping). Then head to Tung Chung for shopping at Citygate Outlet Mall, and perhaps visit the Giant Buddha & Tai O fishing village if you're interested.

Yes I think you have enough time to cover major tourist spots in Macau if your flight is 9PM from Macau. Go there in early morning for a longer time to spend. However, luggage is a concern... As I'm not quite sure if there are rental locker in Macau, maybe you can reach Macau Airport to see if your airline allows you to early check in your 9pm flight. Otherwise, you have to find the left luggage service in Macau Airport in order to start your adventure in Macau...

We haven't decided on where to have our meals yet. My friend and I are not a big fan of expensive food...We just wanna try out some famous and local delicacies such as dim sum, cheong fun, tau fu fa, etc etc...

As advised to refer my food blog.

I am a Snoopy fan and delighted to know that HK has Snoopy world!!! How exciting!!!! I was wondering can I squeeze in this visitation into my itinerary? Is it feasible to do it on the 8-May morning?

As advised above..

Any suggestion where to get souvenirs from HK? Especially famous cookies and biscuits.

In terms of transportation, do you recommend us to buy travel pass or single ticket?

If you wanna bring back cookies & snacks for souvenirs, you can buy from Kee Wah Bakery which has branches all over HK. Jenny Bakery (http://forum.allabouthongkong.com/index.php?/blog/6/entry-47-jenny-bakery-tsim-sha-tsui/) is a good option too~ Don't buy wife cake from Wing Wah Bakery as it's not as nice (personal opinion only)... For transportation, as suggested by HuiFungYi, buy an Octopus Card and then return it at any MTR station to get a refund on your last day in HK. It's super convenient that you don't know to grab coins for the transport fare!

I hope my itinerary isn't too packed... please kindly give your precious opinion about it...

Thanks a million!! Cheers ^^

Why not join Macau Highlight Tour at 11:00AM on May 9? So you'll not be rushing to airport for your flight.

Let's try to revise your itinerary (hope you don't mind)

May 6

13:00 -ETA in HK

14:30 -Langham Place, Argyle Center, Fa Yuen Street, Ladies' Market

-Harbour City, Clock Tower, Heritage 1881, Avenue of Stars

20:00 -Symphony of Lights

21:30 -Temple Street

May 7

09:00 -Stanley

13:00 -CWB, Wan Chai, Central

18:30 -The Peak

-LKF (for the list of restaurants and bars, please check
)

May 8

10:00 -Citygate

-Giant Buddha (if you're only interested)

15:00 -Snoopy's World

-New Town Plaza (for the last shopping ^^)

18:00 -Macau

-Stroll around Macau

May 9

11:00 -Macau Highlights tour

21:00 -Flight back to your country

*as for the time of lunch, snack/tea break, dinner, it's up to you. You can just squeeze it in whenever you want and wherever you are. :)

This is for you to use or for your basis. :)

Thank you very much for giving me useful advice and information about my itinerary.

Ya I think the revised schedule is much better and I have enough time to shop in HK. :)

I need your advice on another thing. I heard that HK sell good quality bird's nest and herbal soup packs. Any idea where can I find those in HK? Which shop or brand should I go too?

My friend asked me to help buying her LV bag. Should I get it in Citygate or there is other LV shop in HK (It's in TST if not mistaken).

Thank you once again ;)

Thank you very much for giving me useful advice and information about my itinerary.

Ya I think the revised schedule is much better and I have enough time to shop in HK. :)

I need your advice on another thing. I heard that HK sell good quality bird's nest and herbal soup packs. Any idea where can I find those in HK? Which shop or brand should I go too?

My friend asked me to help buying her LV bag. Should I get it in Citygate or there is other LV shop in HK (It's in TST if not mistaken).

Thank you once again ;)

For the Bird's nest and herbal soup packs

-you can check out the Ginseng and Bird's Nest Street along Wing Lok Street in Sheung Wan.

For LV

-there's no LV store in Citygate. But there are lots of LV store in HK. And since you're going to Harbour City, you can get your friend's bag in Harbour City. It's also the flagship store of LV in HK ^^