All About Hong Kong
Pinkcerise

transportation questions

hi northasian ,

i wanna please ask you , the time i arrive to the hong kong international airport , what should i do? , how to go to mong kok , and should i buy octopus card , or train express? i have no clue , what's the diffrence? thank you :P

Hi Ryma, yes you should buy Octopus card which is so convenient for paying fare for public transport and even paying small bills at convenience stores like 7-11 & Circle K, or supermarkets and fast food restaurants as well. You can return it and get the refund of remaining value at the MTR customer service counter at Arrival Hall of HK Airport on your last day before you fly back.

If you'll be staying at Mongkok, Jordan, Yau Ma Tei or Tsim Sha Tsui area, you can take bus no. A21 from airport, it's fast, direct, cheaper and comfy too. Please see for more details: http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/airport-bus/route/index.aspx?intLangID=1

would it be more convenient to go by bus , or on the airport express? i need the easier way , since it's my first time in hong kong , i don't like to get lost

would it be more convenient to go by bus , or on the airport express? i need the easier way , since it's my first time in hong kong , i don't like to get lost

As I've suggested on post #2, take the bus A21 which is the fastest & direct way to go to Mongkok. If taking airport express, you have to interchange a few times and the MTR is always packed with people, which may make you difficult to just get off the MTR with luggage!

You have to know which location you will be staying at and then find the appropriate bus-stop from the link that Northasian gave you on post 2. If you aren't sure which stop, ask again here.

hi , i found that they may stop at argyle center by the bus , from the airport , so how should i know am i in the right stop? when to get off the bus? thak you ;)

hi , i found that they may stop at argyle center by the bus , from the airport , so how should i know am i in the right stop? when to get off the bus? thak you ;)

If I'm not wrong, A21 has a LED signboard showing the next stop and also an audio announcement on the bus. You can also click on the bus stop info on the website, it will show the picture of bus stop surrounding for your reference.

• Like 1

Hi Northasian.

I'll arrive in Macau at night around 8+pm, but I'll be going to HK straight after. I'll be staying in Mong Kok.

Any good suggestion for the transportation from Macau International Airport to Mong Kok? Not sure if I should go for:

a) Macau Ferry Terminal - Shun Tak Centre at Sheung Wan - MTR - Mong Kok

B) Macau Ferry Terminal - China (HK) Ferry Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui - Maybe taxi - Mong Kok.

c) Or any other routes.

Thanks alot.

Cheers.

Hi Chong, those you mentioned are the 2 most common ways to arrive Mongkok from Macau, the only thing that you gotta consider is just the cost. If you come with lots of people, then take the ferry to arrive Tsim Sha Tsui and take cab to Mongkok; if you come with just 2 people then take ferry to Sheung Wan then MTR to Mongkok, as the MTR fare is HK$10.5/adult and taxi fare should be around HK$40-50.

Hi Chong, those you mentioned are the 2 most common ways to arrive Mongkok from Macau, the only thing that you gotta consider is just the cost. If you come with lots of people, then take the ferry to arrive Tsim Sha Tsui and take cab to Mongkok; if you come with just 2 people then take ferry to Sheung Wan then MTR to Mongkok, as the MTR fare is HK$10.5/adult and taxi fare should be around HK$40-50.

Hmm, I'm coming with 6 people altogether. So, may need 2 taxis for that, right?

Think I'll go for MTR in Sheung Wan, good choice?

Thanks alot.

Regards.

HK taxis only load up to 5 passengers so you better take MTR from Sheung Wan because it's quite a long way to walk with baggage from Tsim Sha Tsui terminal to MTR station.

• Like 1

HK taxis only load up to 5 passengers so you better take MTR from Sheung Wan because it's quite a long way to walk with baggage from Tsim Sha Tsui terminal to MTR station.

icic. Thanks alot.

Sorry, guys...just 1 last question..how do I go to Macau Ferry Terminal from Macau International Airport?

I've checked the Express Bus Service in the airport, its just till 8pm, while I'll reach after that.

Is taxi the only way?

Again, thanks thanks thanks.

icic. Thanks alot.

Sorry, guys...just 1 last question..how do I go to Macau Ferry Terminal from Macau International Airport?

I've checked the Express Bus Service in the airport, its just till 8pm, while I'll reach after that.

Is taxi the only way?

Again, thanks thanks thanks.

The fastest way is taxi, or you can take public bus no. AP1 instead of express bus: http://www.macau-airport.com/en/transportation/public-transport/public-buses $4.2 per pax. Bus route map: http://www.transmac.com.mo/?mod=xlfw&type=xlzb&action=picline&id=219&lang=en

• Like 1

I try to look into the citybus fair from airport to my hotel Royal Plaza but couldn't find any. Can pls tell me how much it coz?

Unfortunately there are no bus going to Royal Plaza directly from the airport. How many people in your group? If only 4, I would suggest you to take taxi instead as you are travelling with young and elderly. The taxi fare is about HK$250 per way.

Regarding your worry about the hotel location, except going from/to airport that is slightly inconvenient, I think it's ok for going downtown/MTR station as it offers free shuttle to Prince Edward MTR station and Tsim Sha Tsui.

Ya taxi is good but just wonder it able to muat all of us 4Adult + 1child with luggages???

Unfortunately there are no bus going to Royal Plaza directly from the airport. How many people in your group? If only 4, I would suggest you to take taxi instead as you are travelling with young and elderly. The taxi fare is about HK$250 per way.

Regarding your worry about the hotel location, except going from/to airport that is slightly inconvenient, I think it's ok for going downtown/MTR station as it offers free shuttle to Prince Edward MTR station and Tsim Sha Tsui.

Ya taxi is good but just wonder it able to muat all of us 4Adult + 1child with luggages???

But however I did found my hotel name in the citybus airport service - hotel list wor

Normal taxi can legally take up to 5 pax (excluding driver) and you can find the maximum load of passenger on a semi-circular green plate in front & at the back of the cab. But depends on your luggage, I'm not sure if the car boot can take up all your luggages... You may see here for more info issued by HK Transportation Department: http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/en/content_276/2011_airport.pdf

Oh I know where you found the so called "hotel list" reached by Citybus Airport service.... Yes A21 passes through Mongkok and it tells you to get off at stop no. 6 which is Argyle Centre, but from Argyle Centre you have to walk up a foot bridge (with escalator) and then walk for another 8-10mins before you finally reach Royal Plaza. The list only shows the "nearby" stop, but not the point-to-point stop to the hotel...