All About Hong Kong
Pinkcerise

transportation questions

Ok thank... i get your point!!

Octopus Card - I know is easy to get 1, but where will be the best place to get it? Tripadvisor = "If you have a foreign passport it is cheaper and easier to purchase it at the special kiosk near the exit to the express train and will refund your unused card value when you depart". Shd i get it there....? or down to city elsewhere can also get this offer?

Aiport Express Travel Pass - Seen like value money to get this pass if decide to use the airport express. Coz it also included 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel on the MTR, Light Rail and MTR Bus. :lol: Not included town bus right?

Pls advise me,

Opt 1 = The taxi direct to hotel. Travel all around later with Octopus Card with own expenses.

Opt 2 = Aiport Express Travel Pass, Airport - Airport Express - Taxi - Hotel

can have free 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel on the MTR, 4th day own expenses.

which Opt sound good?

Hong Kong MTR is not too expensive if you only travel within the city. It's better you roughly calculate how much you gotta spend on MTR during your stay before deciding on whether buy or not buy the airport express pass. My opinion is, airport express can get you straight to your hotel, then why bother buying the airport express pass only to get the 3-day unlimited ride? (you're right that the unlimited ride does not include bus and other transportation than MTR, and some particular MTR line) Anyway, it's just my very own opinion, hope it helps. :)

Hong Kong MTR is not too expensive if you only travel within the city. It's better you roughly calculate how much you gotta spend on MTR during your stay before deciding on whether buy or not buy the airport express pass. My opinion is, airport express can get you straight to your hotel, then why bother buying the airport express pass only to get the 3-day unlimited ride? (you're right that the unlimited ride does not include bus and other transportation than MTR, and some particular MTR line) Anyway, it's just my very own opinion, hope it helps. :)

can or cant? :P

How about the Octopus pass? Should i get it first once arrive airport?

can or cant? :P

How about the Octopus pass? Should i get it first once arrive airport?

I guess it's a "can't". northasian has posted this useful FAQ in the forum. Not so sure if there is a change in price but the concept of deciding if it's worth to use airport express is here, http://forum.allabouthongkong.com/index.php?/topic/26-faq/#entry479

Ok thank... i get your point!!

Octopus Card - I know is easy to get 1, but where will be the best place to get it? Tripadvisor = "If you have a foreign passport it is cheaper and easier to purchase it at the special kiosk near the exit to the express train and will refund your unused card value when you depart". Shd i get it there....? or down to city elsewhere can also get this offer?

Aiport Express Travel Pass - Seen like value money to get this pass if decide to use the airport express. Coz it also included 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel on the MTR, Light Rail and MTR Bus. :lol: Not included town bus right?

Pls advise me,

Opt 1 = The taxi direct to hotel. Travel all around later with Octopus Card with own expenses.

Opt 2 = Aiport Express Travel Pass, Airport - Airport Express - Taxi - Hotel

can have free 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel on the MTR, 4th day own expenses.

which Opt sound good?

Never heard of getting a special discount by presenting foreign passport at special counter. :huh: Mind to share your source of info?

Hi YeeYee, did you mean the Tourist Day Pass? That seems not a normal Octopus Card that you can top-up and keep re-using?

As far as I know, if the tripadvisor post is talking about the normal Octopus Card, there is no special discount for tourists...

A21 Airport Hung Hom KCR Station Route:
1. Airport (Ground Transportation Centre)
2. Lantau Link Toll Plaza
3. AquaMarine, Sham Mong Road
4. Fat Tseung Street West, Sham Mong Road
5. Metropark Hotel Mongkok, Lai Chi Kok Road
6. Argyle Centre, Nathan Road
7. Bank Centre, Nathan Road
8. Sino Centre, Nathan Road
9. Man Ming Lane, Nathan Road
10. Nathan Hotel, Nathan Road
11. Prudential Centre, Nathan Road
12. Kimberley Road, Nathan Road
13. Cameron Road, Nathan Road
14. Middle Road, Nathan Road
15. New World Centre, Salisbury Road
16. Mody Road, Chatham Road South
17. Granville Road, Chatham Road South
18. Hong Kong Science Museum, Chatham Road South
19. Hung Hom Station

Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui:
From Airport to Hotel: Bus stop no 13
From Hotel to Airport: Bus stop no 5

I don’t understand where is the pick up point to go Airport (In the list no 5). Is it the pick up point at Lai Chi Kok Road?

For drop off passanger do they pick up customer at the same time or just one way only?

Hi straw, the route stops list you quote above is the direction from airport to city, that's why stop no. 1 is airport. You have to find the route stops list for the direction GOING TO the airport then you will find the location of stop no. 5 is.

A21 is public bus, so it drops and picks passenger at the same time, but it is not circular route so it is running one way direction only ( i.e. airport to Hung Hom station, all passengers have to get off bus at hung Hom station)

Thanks ya ... however I could not find the route from City to Airport after google search or try to read info from blogger ... mostly by Airport Express.

Oops sorry I thought you got that route stops list from the bus company official website... :P Here is the list for direction going to airport. Actually you can find more details here: http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/airport-bus/route/index.aspx?intLangID=1 Just click on the route number and the stops list with map will pop up, you can click on the stop location to see a picture of real surrounding.

1 Hung Hom Station
2 Hong Kong Science Museum, Chatham Road South
3 Mody Road, Chatham Road South
4 New World Centre, Salisbury Road
5 Haiphong Road, Nathan Road
6 Kimberley Road, Nathan Road
7 Tsim Sha Tsui Police Station, Nathan Road
8 Ning Po Street, Nathan Road
9 Public Square Street, Nathan Road
10 Pitt Street, Nathan Road
11 Changsha Street, Nathan Road
12 Grand Tower, Nathan Road
13 Mong Kok Market, Argyle Street
14 Ming Kei College, Cherry Street
15 The Long Beach, Hoi Fai Road
16 Nam Cheong Estate, Sham Mong Road
17 Fu Cheong Estate, Sham Mong Road
18 Tonkin Street West, Sham Mong Road
19 Hoi Lai Estate, Sham Mong Road
20 Lantau Link Toll Plaza
21 Airport (Terminal One)
22 Airport (Terminal Two)
23 Airport (Ground Transportation Centre)