All About Hong Kong
w_ken_h@yahoo.com

HK and Macau trip

Hi guys..i am planning a trip to hongkong & macau somewhere around september / october and would really like an advice on this.

1. the plan is for the trip on either early september or early october, but i not too sure which is the better time in term of weather. i know both also fall on autumn, but with early september just over summer, will it be too hot? also, is there any concern about typhoon season in hk during that time?

2. my friend suggest to me to stay at cityview hotel and i already do some checking online, is there any suggestion on which hotel might also be suitable?

3. one of the main plan is a trip to disneyland. the event of disneyland show there will be fireworks at the night time. it is better if i stay overnight at disneyland hotel or travel back to the hotel on the city after the fireworks? if i do travel back to the city, will it be convenient to take mrt at night time or midnight?

4. i will also go to macau and want advice if it is better if i spend a night there or going back to hk city on the same day? if i do spend a night at macau, please do recommned a nice hotel at macau.

thanks in advance for the guidance. once i get all the information, i will then come up with my iternary, which hopefully you guys can advice on..

Hi guys..i am planning a trip to hongkong & macau somewhere around september / october and would really like an advice on this.

1. the plan is for the trip on either early september or early october, but i not too sure which is the better time in term of weather. i know both also fall on autumn, but with early september just over summer, will it be too hot? also, is there any concern about typhoon season in hk during that time?

2. my friend suggest to me to stay at cityview hotel and i already do some checking online, is there any suggestion on which hotel might also be suitable?

3. one of the main plan is a trip to disneyland. the event of disneyland show there will be fireworks at the night time. it is better if i stay overnight at disneyland hotel or travel back to the hotel on the city after the fireworks? if i do travel back to the city, will it be convenient to take mrt at night time or midnight?

4. i will also go to macau and want advice if it is better if i spend a night there or going back to hk city on the same day? if i do spend a night at macau, please do recommned a nice hotel at macau.

thanks in advance for the guidance. once i get all the information, i will then come up with my iternary, which hopefully you guys can advice on..

Hello there!

1. Early Sep is still hot and considered as late summer rather than early autumn, so better visit in early October. There are still chances to have typhoon in Oct but would be fewer chances. Mind you that early Oct is peak season of China visitor to HK due to their long holidays of National Day, so it would be more crowded especially at tourist spots.

2. Can try Stanford Hotel in Mong Kok.

3. The fireworks starts at the closing time of the park, so it would be around 9pm and all visitors must leave the park after the fireworks is ended. Therefore, don't worry, you must be able to catch all public transportation to the city and it's all up to your own interest to stay at Disneyland hotel or back to your hotel in city.

4. Again it's quite personal and depends on your own pace and interest. Many people find 1 day trip is good enough to cover main attractions in Macau but some may want more time to explore and choose to stay a night or two there. So you can come up with a plan first then only see if you would like to spend a night of stay there. :)

hi shirousa,

thanks for the reply.

1. will take this into consideration, but most will depend on when the air ticket i manage to book (with a good price of course).

2. i heard from my fren of not staying near mongkok, something like environment not too safe as compare to other place..can confirm on this?

3. thanks, will try to see if manage to get a good deal at disney hotel, esle will go back to city.

4. will plan out and see if wanna stay at macau.

will come out with an iternary soon and hopefully u guys can advice further..

hi shirousa,

thanks for the reply.

1. will take this into consideration, but most will depend on when the air ticket i manage to book (with a good price of course).

2. i heard from my fren of not staying near mongkok, something like environment not too safe as compare to other place..can confirm on this?

3. thanks, will try to see if manage to get a good deal at disney hotel, esle will go back to city.

4. will plan out and see if wanna stay at macau.

will come out with an iternary soon and hopefully u guys can advice further..

Hi Joe, it's not a problem at all to stay in or near Mongkok as HK is a safe city. The problem is only the crowds in Mongkok that you have to take extra care on your valuables 'coz there might be pickpockets around crowded places. But don't need to worry too much as this problem is not serious too.

-September or October will be ok la. Weather is unpredictable, so we can't really tell.

-hotel of course will depend on your budget. Mongkok is safe to stay. Just be cautious on your stuff (just like what Northasian said).

Tip: just act like a local and you'll be fine. ;)

-it is ok and safe to go back to the city at night but of course it will also be ok if you stay for a night in Disneyland Hotel or Hollywood Hotel.

-a day tour in Macau is ok. But if the budget is not an issue, then by all means stay there for night and do some night-outs. :) as for hotels, Galaxy Macau hotels are great. And a friend who went to Macau recently stayed in Grand Waldo and his feedback about the hotel is good and the price is also good. :)

thanks thanks for all the reply..

most probably will on early sept...

what the recommndation of hotel..?

budget would be rm300 - rm400 (hkd1200 - hkd1600)

i have check on cityview and standford and would like to have more option to look into..

thanks..