All About Hong Kong
EugynBooi

Nice Place to Purpose in HK

Im planning to purpose to my girlfriend during my trip this coming Nov but I need a nice suitable place for it and hopefully there is some florist shop nearby so I can get her some flowers. Any advice?

Im planning to purpose to my girlfriend during my trip this coming Nov but I need a nice suitable place for it and hopefully there is some florist shop nearby so I can get her some flowers. Any advice?

Hi Eugyn, will get back to you tonight or tomorrow, please bear with me, thanks~ :)

Hi Eugyn, finally got time to reply you, sorry about that and thanks for your patience~

Actually I'm quite excited to receive such interesting topic to discuss with! :) It depends on whether you want your proposal to be really public or with more privacy in a more conceal area.

If you wanna propose in a more exposed area with crowds, you can try places like this :

1. 1881 Heritage, Tsim Sha Tsui

2. Victoria Harbourfront like Avenue of Stars, Star Ferry & outside Ocean Terminal, Tsim Sha Tsui

3. Disneyland

4. The Peak with a breathtaking night view of Hong Kong

5. Sky100

6. A romantic restaurant with Victoria Harbour view (could be discussed later on)

Besides in a restaurant, if you want to be more private, you can try :

1. Tram Hiring

2. Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car Private Cabin

3. Aqua Luna (a junk boat ride in Victoria Harbour)

4. Helicopter ride

5. DHL Balloon (subject to closure with further notice due to weather condition)

For bouquet, I suggest you to order online, there are some reliable online florists which could deliver your bouquet according to your request, e.g. http://www.hongkongflowershop.com, my hubby tried their service before and very reliable~ ;) Also you can try some international fashion brands like Agnes b : http://www.agnesb-fleuriste.com/bouquet.html

Basically, these are what I can think of right now, if you need any further info, we can discuss after your reply, cheers~

Northasian, Im planing to do it on public as I got other 6 best friends coming with us.

Here I shortlisted some place that I consider nice and proper.

1881 Heritage, Avenue of Stars or The Peak

Disneyland sound abit hard as Im not sure is there anyone could send me those flowers without paying the entrance ticket to get in.

How is your hubby purpose to you last time? Can share some idea?

Northasian, Im planing to do it on public as I got other 6 best friends coming with us.

Here I shortlisted some place that I consider nice and proper.

1881 Heritage, Avenue of Stars or The Peak

Disneyland sound abit hard as Im not sure is there anyone could send me those flowers without paying the entrance ticket to get in.

How is your hubby purpose to you last time? Can share some idea?

Eugyn, wow it's gonna be very unforgetable to have some best friends with you at this important moment! :D

All 3 places are nice~ but I personally would not prefer Avenue of Stars... can't tell the reason but just my feeling or preference... Oh yea... if you pick Disneyland then I think you have to find if there is flourist inside the park or from Disney Hotels, or maybe you can book a table for dinner at Disney Hotel and organise the propose there (e.g. music, disney charactor to surprise your fiancee-to-be...etc).

Haha... My hubby's propose was a mess! He just propsed with a diamond ring under Eiffel Tower when we travelled to Paris, without flowers, without kneeing down, and somehow picked a wrong time to propose when I was getting mad at him, hahaha... The time he used hongkongflowershop.com service was for our first Valentine's Day. Men are like that, they usually do best at the beginning and as time goes by, their passion on doing romantic thing is gone too! >_<

haha.. I give a credit to your hubby. He really dare to propose when you are mad at him. Luckily you accepted otherwise he really feel hard about it. I do agree on some men as times goes by, passion on doing romantic thing are gone but at least they never giving up on the passion on their beloved persons.

I think I need to do some research about Disney Hotel restaurant otherwise I going to do it in a mess too. I start getting panic as the trip is near and I havent preparing good enough. I really need to get her a bunch of flowers coz she keeps complaining that I dont send her any flower all this while.

haha.. I give a credit to your hubby. He really dare to propose when you are mad at him. Luckily you accepted otherwise he really feel hard about it. I do agree on some men as times goes by, passion on doing romantic thing are gone but at least they never giving up on the passion on their beloved persons.

I think I need to do some research about Disney Hotel restaurant otherwise I going to do it in a mess too. I start getting panic as the trip is near and I havent preparing good enough. I really need to get her a bunch of flowers coz she keeps complaining that I dont send her any flower all this while.

Hahaha... Maybe my hubby just used the propose to pacify my anger only! I really don't know why I accept him that time, haha... Yep, so you gotta prepare it well and avoid your future wife keeps complaining it after getting married, heheee~~

Hohoho... I keep complaining my hubby doesn't send me flowers after early dating stage! So you really need a bunch of beautiful flowers for your proposal! Oh, you also have to think about the weight and inconvenience of holding flower bunch in the park, so it's better to do it in urban area and should propose during night to minimise the time that need to carry the flower...

Getting flower in Disney are getting me headache.

Disney coming up their Christmas Festival event from 17 Nov to 2 Jan.

Have you ever been to Disneyland? Do you know what time is the fireworks?

I send an inquiry to Disney's Event Planner and I hope there is reply from them.

Getting flower in Disney are getting me headache.

Disney coming up their Christmas Festival event from 17 Nov to 2 Jan.

Have you ever been to Disneyland? Do you know what time is the fireworks?

I send an inquiry to Disney's Event Planner and I hope there is reply from them.

Actually I also browsed thru their official website and try to find if they have flourist inside Disney Hotel, but it seems that there is none... Is Disneyland your 1st preferred place for proposal?

The fireworks time differs from seasons due to the lenght of day light, e.g. 9pm during summer months and 8pm or earlier during winter months. You can check the time table from their official website, where you can find the fireworks time, parade time and time of different shows. I have been to Disneyland twice, 1st time when it's just opened for a few months, and the 2nd time was last year's halloween. If you're interested to view some pictures of the Halloween theme that I've taken last year, please take a look here : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.457595912992.234932.30006872992&type=1

Just in case Disneyland's reply is negative, I guess you can still have the flower delivered to Disneyland main entrance by the flower shop, 'coz last time my hubby ordered a bunch of roses from hongkongflowershop.com, and communicated with them thru emails in order to have the flower delivered to his hotel's front desk on Valentine's Day morning (at that time my hubby was not living in HK and that's why he was staying at hotel). They did it on time and the flower was gorgeous too! But the cost might be higher due to the toll fee of getting to Lantau Island if you want them to send to Disneyland...

Wow..Thanks Northasian for the effort. I really appreciate it.

I got a reply from Karen from Guest Relations HK Disney and they asking my contact number to facilitate better arrangement. I hope they can proceed further with it. I keep you update if they manage to do something with it so we can exchange some idea and experience.

Wow..Thanks Northasian for the effort. I really appreciate it.

I got a reply from Karen from Guest Relations HK Disney and they asking my contact number to facilitate better arrangement. I hope they can proceed further with it. I keep you update if they manage to do something with it so we can exchange some idea and experience.

It's my pleasure, Eugyn~ :D

Oh good~ Seems they could do something for you~ But don't know are they gonna charge or doing it as courtesy...? Anyway, do share what they can offer~ I feel excited to know too, hehee...

Northasian,

I received a call from HK Disneyland and we chat about 40min. The great news is they are willing to do the arrangement for me at no cost.

I dont have much idea as I havent been there before so I ask them to suggest me few options. This is the few steps that they suggested:

1) Locations : Fantasyland

2) They ask me to enjoy a horse cart ride as there is the best spot for fireworks scene.

3) I purpose 5-10min before the fireworks ( They will let me know the time for fireworks when Im check in there).

3) There going to be a group of staffs will be helping me along.

4) They do suggest me to get the hongkongflowershop's service to deliver the flower earlier about 4pm to reception and they will take over from there.

5) Staffs will hand over the flower to me after I give them a signal when Im ready on horse cart.

6) Entire process will be recorded by them with my DSLR camera.

There wont be any Disney character around as they only available certain of time.

I really didnt expect Hong Kong Disneyland's staff are really that helpful which they called me from Hong Kong and still could very detail in every particular. They required me to send them a picture of both of us so they could easily recognise us on that day.

Now Im thinking should I get a banner for my proposal or I ask either I can borrow their Mickey for awhile.

How do you think? Any idea?

Northasian,

I received a call from HK Disneyland and we chat about 40min. The great news is they are willing to do the arrangement for me at no cost.

I dont have much idea as I havent been there before so I ask them to suggest me few options. This is the few steps that they suggested:

1) Locations : Fantasyland

2) They ask me to enjoy a horse cart ride as there is the best spot for fireworks scene.

3) I purpose 5-10min before the fireworks ( They will let me know the time for fireworks when Im check in there).

3) There going to be a group of staffs will be helping me along.

4) They do suggest me to get the hongkongflowershop's service to deliver the flower earlier about 4pm to reception and they will take over from there.

5) Staffs will hand over the flower to me after I give them a signal when Im ready on horse cart.

6) Entire process will be recorded by them with my DSLR camera.

There wont be any Disney character around as they only available certain of time.

I really didnt expect Hong Kong Disneyland's staff are really that helpful which they called me from Hong Kong and still could very detail in every particular. They required me to send them a picture of both of us so they could easily recognise us on that day.

Now Im thinking should I get a banner for my proposal or I ask either I can borrow their Mickey for awhile.

How do you think? Any idea?

Good day, Eugyn~ :)

Wow, Disneyland is so professional!!! I think they may have received and handled lots of similar request during the years! Their idea and arrangement is quite nice, how do you think? The Fantasyland they mentioned is where the Disney Castle located, right in the middle towards the back of the whole park, you can see this map for reference if you haven't : http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/general/popup?name=ExplorerParkMapPage&id=ParkMapGlobalSubNavMedia I guess that is the greatest place for proposal and remember to include "I will treat you like Queen" when you propose, heheee~~ :D

For the banner & Mickey... I personally think not necessary... 'coz for me it's not that romantic and might ruin the overall atmosphere. Imagine you 2 on the horse-cart, outside the castle at night, you knee down with ring & flower, then soon the fireworks blastoff..... It seems not so match if suddenly got a Mickey pop out and/or your friends carry a banner?! Anyway just my 2 cents~ :P

Really very happy to know that Disneyland has suggested such a good plan for you~ If I were your gf, I think I will cry~! hahaha... :lol:

Haha.. I cant imagine what I gonna do if she cry suddenly. Yeah.. Im excited with their feedback.

They do received alot similar request and they are kinda experience in handling this kind of event.

Proposal before fireworks was my idea, they just suggest me suitable place for it. I do agree that banner and Mickey might spoil it. I cant say " I will treat you like a Queen" because I already treat her as a princess. Scare she will ask for more later. haha..

Haha.. I cant imagine what I gonna do if she cry suddenly. Yeah.. Im excited with their feedback.

They do received alot similar request and they are kinda experience in handling this kind of event.

Proposal before fireworks was my idea, they just suggest me suitable place for it. I do agree that banner and Mickey might spoil it. I cant say " I will treat you like a Queen" because I already treat her as a princess. Scare she will ask for more later. haha..

Hahaha... It's good that she cries ar~ 'coz that means she's really touched with your proposal! Just give her a hug if she really cries.. :)

So, have you got the ring ready? Don't forget to bring it along!!!

Yeah, going to buy it next week. I should start ordering flower now.

Have you ordered your bouquet yet? Mind to share which one are you ordering? hehehe....

Anyway, in case you need anymore advice or help, do post them here.

You mean carrying a bouquet back to your home town? You gotta check if your country allow you to carry back. My advice is to unconsciously test your gf what type of flower does she like before you buy ^ ^

If you want something smaller and easy to carry, I may suggest you to get flowers in a box, which is quite nice tho! I like the "rose in red" check this out: http://www.agnesb-fleuriste.com/flower_box.html

Yeah, I guess its not allowed to bring flower in airplane. Hand bouquet would be my choice coz it seems looks better.

Yep I do agree with you that hand bouquet is more suitable for propose but just worry that it's hard to carry onboard the plane (especially if it's a big bunch and start withering). I guess it's allowed to bring into the plane cabin 'coz last time I did bring back my hand bouquet from my wedding in Bali. I put it inside a big opaque plastic bag for easy carriage, and we could pass through all the x-ray check point. The only concern is that your country (Malaysia, right?) allows people to bring in fresh flower without soil, so you gotta check it out.

• Like 1