All About Hong Kong
curvaceous

Prepaid data sim card

Where can I buy a prepaid sim card that I can use for data? Example for my IPhone? Is there any package where I cam subscribe to data for 1 week? Does it includes voice?

Hi curvaceous, you can refer this post under FAQ section in the Plan a Trip forum :

Some pre-paid SIM cards do have data package, you can browse thru the telecom websites that I posted there to get more info, cheers~

12. What are the options for prepaid SIM card in Hong Kong?

The cheapest pre-paid SIM card in HK is HK$20, following are the options:

1. PCCW - from HK$48 (2G)

2. SmarTone - from HK$48 (Compatible with Tri-band, Dual Band, HSPA+ phones)

3. 3 - from HK$33 (2G) or HK$98 (3G)

4. One2Free - from HK$48 (2G & 3G)

5. New World Mobility - from HK$20 (3G)

6. China Moblie - from HK$28

Please note that different prices of the pre-paid SIM card carries different function and airline rate/min, the cheapest one does not mean it is the most value for money. You should choose one which is most suitable to your usage but not just looking at the face value.

Also, the links provided above may expire anytime from now and prices listed may not be the updated and it is subject to change by service provider without notice.

Dear admin,

i dunno it is right to post here for my question. planning a 4 days 3 nights trip to hk next saturday ..yipee.. really require a sim card which can access to internet (unlimited also ok..^^)

but i am tourist. no need to sign up/ register, right?

i need this badly coz need to see map on my iphone..n find info...pls do let me know .. tq tq

Dear admin,

i dunno it is right to post here for my question. planning a 4 days 3 nights trip to hk next saturday ..yipee.. really require a sim card which can access to internet (unlimited also ok..^^)

but i am tourist. no need to sign up/ register, right?

i need this badly coz need to see map on my iphone..n find info...pls do let me know .. tq tq

Hi Joslin, you may choose the SmarTone HK$48 pre-paid SIM with Data usage HK$8 per hour, and daily cap is HK$24 (maximum charge per day, i.e. even you've used it for 20hrs within a day, you are charged HK$24 only.) It may need to register with some personal details when you activate it, but I think it's just a few simple steps only.

Hi Joslin, you may choose the SmarTone HK$48 pre-paid SIM with Data usage HK$8 per hour, and daily cap is HK$24 (maximum charge per day, i.e. even you've used it for 20hrs within a day, you are charged HK$24 only.) It may need to register with some personal details when you activate it, but I think it's just a few simple steps only.

possible for tourist to register this?

i will be bring my iphones and might use some apps there. So i think this Smartone prepaid will be suitable.

I think it's applicable for tourist too, you may refer the smartone link that I listed on post #1 for details~