All About Hong Kong
steflaw

6D5N HK-Macau-ShenZhen

Hi Northasian

I'll travelling to HK with my 4 girl friends coming October. I took almost all itineraries as reference to make out my itinerary. Basically I'm just took other ppl itinerary to put together. Appreciate if you could comment on it.

Hong Kong-Macau-Shen Zhen (11-16th Oct)

Day 1

1. Flight from M'sia to HK (7-11am)

2. Arrival at HKIA & Buy Octopus Card & Heading to Mongkok for check in

3. Lunch

4. Visits at Fa Yuen Street (Prince Edward) > Argyle Centre (Prince Edward) > Sai Yeung Coi Street (Alternative choose)

5. Teatime

6. Walk along the Nathan Road then walk all the way down to Tsim Sha Tsui(TST). In TST, walk around Granville Street, Canton Road, Harbour City, Ocean Terminal, Star Ferry, Avenue of Stars, Clock Tower, Heritage 1881

7. Symphony of Lights at Avenue of Stars (starts at 8pm)

8. Back to Yau Ma Tei & visit Temple Street & Dinner

9. Back to Mongkok

Day 2

1. Breakfast

2. Heading to Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal (Sheung Wan) to Macau

3. Macau Island-->S. Paul's & Camões Garden, Outer Harbour

4. Taipa Village-->Venetian

5. Macau Giant Panda Pavilion

6. The house of dancing water show

7. Back to Mongkok & visit Ladies Street

Day 3

1. Breakfast

2. Ngong Ping 360, NP Village, Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery

3. Back to Tung Chung Station. Shopping at Citygate Outlet

4. MTR to Central.

5. Bus/Peak Tram to The Peak, Sky Terrace, Madamme Tussauds, etc

6. Bus/Peak Tram to ground terminus

7. Lan Kwai Fong

8. Back to hostel

Day 4

Don't know where else left to visit around in Hong Kong. If not, sleep until check out then travel slowly to Shen Zhen.

Day 5 will be at Shen Zhen. I knew that Northasian not so familiar about SZH. Luckily my uncle staying there so I can go ask him opinion and work out the itinerary. Then Day 6 flight back M'sia

Currently, I got no idea about food. I know HK is food heaven, but still...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Hi Northasian

I'll travelling to HK with my 4 girl friends coming October. I took almost all itineraries as reference to make out my itinerary. Basically I'm just took other ppl itinerary to put together. Appreciate if you could comment on it.

Hong Kong-Macau-Shen Zhen (11-16th Oct)

Hi steflaw, thanks for joining and posting your itinerary :) . Oh, you're so hardworking to have done homework and I can say your planned itinerary is fairly nice~ Anyway, please read my comments in pink below...

Day 1

1. Flight from M'sia to HK (7-11am)

2. Arrival at HKIA & Buy Octopus Card & Heading to Mongkok for check in

3. Lunch

4. Visits at Fa Yuen Street (Prince Edward) > Argyle Centre (Prince Edward) > Sai Yeung Coi Street (Alternative choose)

5. Teatime

6. Walk along the Nathan Road then walk all the way down to Tsim Sha Tsui(TST). In TST, walk around Granville Street, Canton Road, Harbour City, Ocean Terminal, Star Ferry, Avenue of Stars, Clock Tower, Heritage 1881

7. Symphony of Lights at Avenue of Stars (starts at 8pm)

8. Back to Yau Ma Tei & visit Temple Street & Dinner

9. Back to Mongkok

Nice plan. What I worry is time... just afraid you couldn't finish visiting all those places before Symphony of Lights at 8pm. Be flexible and control timing yourself la~

Day 2

1. Breakfast

2. Heading to Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal (Sheung Wan) to Macau

3. Macau Island-->S. Paul's & Camões Garden, Outer Harbour

4. Taipa Village-->Venetian

5. Macau Giant Panda Pavilion

6. The house of dancing water show

7. Back to Mongkok & visit Ladies Street

This day's plan is OK too. Just to remind you that you have to buy tickets for The House of Dancing Water show in advance to avoid sold-out. Same as the ferry ticket, better booked it online before your departure.

Day 3

1. Breakfast

2. Ngong Ping 360, NP Village, Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery

3. Back to Tung Chung Station. Shopping at Citygate Outlet

4. MTR to Central.

5. Bus/Peak Tram to The Peak, Sky Terrace, Madamme Tussauds, etc

6. Bus/Peak Tram to ground terminus

7. Lan Kwai Fong

8. Back to hostel

Nice plan~

Day 4

Don't know where else left to visit around in Hong Kong. If not, sleep until check out then travel slowly to Shen Zhen.

See if you're interested in visiting Stanley & Repulse Bay, or do some more shopping in Causeway Bay, or revisit TST/Mongkok if you couldn't finish all in Day 1.

Day 5 will be at Shen Zhen. I knew that Northasian not so familiar about SZH. Luckily my uncle staying there so I can go ask him opinion and work out the itinerary. Then Day 6 flight back M'sia

Haha.... what a shame that I can't help much on SZH where is one of popular excursion for HK visitors... :blush: If you don't mind, please share with us after you got any useful info~ :P

Currently, I got no idea about food. I know HK is food heaven, but still...

Have you browsed thru my food blog? You can find the reviewed restaurants under categories for location or tags for food type. I've covered quite a lot of famous & popular restaurants, please take a look and see if you can find some ideas from there. :D

Anyway, thanks in advance.

My pleasure~

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments. About transportation, am I get the Octopus card then can do anything edi? From airport to Mongkok, MTR everywhere and also KCR

What did you mean by can do anything?? Did you mean that you can pay all the transportation fare by Octopus Card?

If you did mean this way, yes you can pay the fare for nearly all public transportation (except taxis which are not fully equipped with Octopus card reading device) in HK. However, you have to top it up when the remaining value becomes 0 or negative. FYI, KCR no longer exists now, it has been ventured with MTR and now all the train networks in HK are under MTR.

Except paying fare, Octopus card can be used to settle payment at convenience stores, supermarkets and more. You can refer here for more details : http://www.octopus.com.hk/home/en/index.html

hi, can someone explain to me what is exactly the octopus card? and why should i get one?

Hey Ryma.... I've posted a link of Octopus Card in above post, so please take a look to have a brief idea of how it works~