All About Hong Kong
gm28090

Activities in HKIA

Hi, May I ask what can one do in the Hong Kong International Airport at a transit for 2 hours?

Hi Grace,

Walk around shops in the restricted area in T1 already enough you to spend 2 hours there. I personally don't suggest you to go to Tung Chung 'coz it'll be too rush, as minimum connecting time for flights in HKIA is generally 1 hour, so you only got another hour left to spend for leisure.

Guest ainko

hey hey...i will be going to Hong Kong next Saturday...can't wait to go..yeah....

i will be giong to macau,shen Zhen,Guang Zhou also....

please let me know or recommend what i should buy at Hong Kong...souvenirs,clothes,shoes...etc....

hey hey...i will be going to Hong Kong next Saturday...can't wait to go..yeah....

i will be giong to macau,shen Zhen,Guang Zhou also....

please let me know or recommend what i should buy at Hong Kong...souvenirs,clothes,shoes...etc....

Hi ainko, Clothes & shoes can buy in Shenzhen & Guangzhou which could be cheaper, unless you're looking for slightly branded one, e.g. Esprit or G2000. Souvenirs in HK, can buy some Wife Cake from Kee Wah Bakery...

Hi Grace,

Walk around shops in the restricted area in T1 already enough you to spend 2 hours there. I personally don't suggest you to go to Tung Chung 'coz it'll be too rush, as minimum connecting time for flights in HKIA is generally 1 hour, so you only got another hour left to spend for leisure.

hi Northasian, nice forum you have here!

To further ask about walking around the airport, T1, is it some shopping place? Is it just to spend time or got bargains / nice stuffs to buy?

thx :)

hi Northasian, nice forum you have here!

To further ask about walking around the airport, T1, is it some shopping place? Is it just to spend time or got bargains / nice stuffs to buy?

thx :)

Hi justanovice, thanks for your compliments~ :)

There are lots of shops in both T1 and T2, but most of them are branded shops and only a few local brands & souvenir shops inside. If you happen to arrive airport earlier than expected, it's not bad to walk around, else can skip it 'coz most shops do have branches in the city. FYI, you can check airport website for shop directory: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/index.html . Cheers~

hello, my flight is at 9pm Sunday bk to Malaysia, if i wan to go Tung Chung, roughly wat time i hv to reach Tung Chung & wat time I hv to leave frm there to HKIA ?

Hi there, depends what is your purpose of visiting Tung Chung. If just for shopping, you can arrive there in the afternoon e.g.1-2pm, but if you also wanna visit Giant Buddha or Tai O as well as shopping, you need to arrive early in the morning e.g. 9am.

Standard check in time is about 1.5hrs before departure, so you have to catch a bus no. S1 or S64 from Tung Chung to HKIA at around 7pm.

It was just really light rain patches only, not heavy. Weather fluctuate a lot these days, so would suggest to bring a nice sweater and a wind breaker on top of your sweater just in case the temperature drops. Better check weather forecast before your arrival, http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm

Hi , my plane arrive to hong kong international airport at 10PM , so am afraid to go dowtown , in my first day in hong kong , that late , so i want to ask , can i pass the night in the airport , and maybe window shopping , dinner , or some activities , till the sun come out , and ill be able to start my journey? will the shops be open? and will the airport be secure? help please , i need some advice about that problem

Hi , my plane arrive to hong kong international airport at 10PM , so am afraid to go dowtown , in my first day in hong kong , that late , so i want to ask , can i pass the night in the airport , and maybe window shopping , dinner , or some activities , till the sun come out , and ill be able to start my journey? will the shops be open? and will the airport be secure? help please , i need some advice about that problem

Hong Kong is one of the safest place in the world with the lowest crime rate so there is nothing to be afraid of to go downtown. I don't think shops still open late at night in the airport. I would suggest you to get a nice place to sleep and enjoy with full force in your next day.