My Dearest Reader’s I’m FINALLY back!!! My sincerest apologies for not posting for 3 months! That is the longest time I haven’t updated and written a blog post! I wish I had a better excuse than I’ve been busy at work…but unfortunately that is the truth. It’s taken me a while to settle into my new job, however, I’m finally comfortable and feel like I belong in my team and the company :)
Even though, I haven’t had the chance to blog, I update instagram (@daisy_nevertoosweet) so please follow me there for daily posts. I have so many new and exciting events, restaurant reviews and recipes, that I look forward to sharing with you!
Anyhow, let’s start with a super easy 5 minute cheat dessert! Honestly the easiest but most impressive dessert I’ve made :) No cooking, stirring and minimal washing. Because I’m now working longer hours and have less time to be in the kitchen, I need to find short cuts to at least make a dessert which can impress my friends when they come over. This may be a good dessert to make for any upcoming Christmas parties you may have.
Thank you everyone for your continuous support and I promise to update more regularly again!
Recipe – Cheat’s Lemon Trifle original recipe from Never Too Sweet
Yield – 2 small jars/serves
6 Gingernut biscuits
1 jar store bought Lemon Curd (Use about 6 tablespoons)
10 tablespoons Vanilla Yoghurt
Mint leave for garnishing2 small glass jars
– If you have time please feel free to make your own lemon curd
– You may substitute
1) Place Gingernut biscuits in a ziplock bag and crush into crumbs.
2) Ensure your glass jars are dry and clean, place a thin later of cookie crumbs in the bottom of the jars.
3) Layer with 2 tablespoons of Vanilla yoghurt then layer 2 tablespoons of lemon curd.
4) Repeat until the jars are filled and finish with the lemon curd and sprinkle with some more Gingernut cookie crumbs.
5) Finally garnish with mint leave if you wish.
Filed under: Australia, Melbourne, Recipes